Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What bolt-on's am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default What bolt-on's am I missing?

Want to know exactly what other bolt-ons I'm missing. Getting a TI intake and BAMA tune within the next month or 2 and possibly underdrive pulley's later on. Is there any other bolt-on I can do that I forgot about or don't know about? My mods r in my sig. Turbo/supercharger, and heads/camr out of the ? do to costs. Also, ifu guysgotany other possible weight reduction ideas ( I did the spare/jack/trunk carpet removal, possibly doingbmr front sway/radiator replacement kit, no rear seat delete-need em). And is there any other suspension mods that would help my acceleration/ET/weighttransfer other than what I have(in sig-Rear upper and lower control arms, subframe connectors, t-lok)?Any ideasor info to any of these ?'sisgreatly appreciated!
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What bolt-on's am I missing?

new panhard bar. lighter and stronger than stock, helps 2 of your questions
Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Which 2 ?'s?R theyworth their price(?)?I'm not very familiar with suspension beyond what I have. Any info on this will be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Lookedit up,I doubt that will make a good enough improvement to be worth the $200(5lbs loss and a little better traction). Any thing else?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:37 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

you can get a panhard bar for 125 i did. bmr adjustable. not bad bang for the buck in terms of suspension helping acceleration.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Does it help that much? Explain a little on this mod please. I'm a little bit lost. All I read wasreduced flex and 5lb weight loss.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

There is the pulleys that you can also do. I would not do the panhard bar as a weight reduction mod, they are really just for handling.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

That's what I thought. Already have udp's listed on the first post. Anything else reasonably prices($350 or under)things?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Oh must have missed it. There is a company called Zabteck Performance who makes TBs for our engines. Their piece is very new, but the cool part about them is that they use the factory electronics, so you dont have to worry about all the crap that comes along with aftermarket TBs. The test unit showed 7rwhp on an Xcharged car, and the unit they have for sale now flows something like 20cfm's more than the test unit. Also, there was with no tune and apparently leaned the car out a little, so with it tuned, it could have probably made ~11rwhp. So with a tune, plus the 20cfm's more than the tester, I bet an F/I car could see a pretty significant gain. I am not sure how well it would perform over the stock TB on a N/A car, could be worth a few ponies.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:55 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

Oh must have missed it. There is a company called Zabteck Performance who makes TBs for our engines. Their piece is very new, but the cool part about them is that they use the factory electronics, so you dont have to worry about all the crap that comes along with aftermarket TBs. The test unit showed 7rwhp on an Xcharged car, and the unit they have for sale now flows something like 20cfm's more than the test unit. Also, there was with no tune and apparently leaned the car out a little, so with it tuned, it could have probably made ~11rwhp. So with a tune, plus the 20cfm's more than the tester, I bet an F/I car could see a pretty significant gain. I am not sure how well it would perform over the stock TB on a N/A car, could be worth a few ponies.
I wouldn't waste money on a TB if it only made 7 whp more on a xcharged car it probably won't make anything on a N/A car. The stock TB will flow plenty, and w/o heads/cams he doesn't need a bigger tb, just my opinion though.

Quick Reply: What bolt-on's am I missing?