Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which bolt-ons aren't worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Which bolt-ons aren't worth it?

If u race they perform. About double the power of a tunable cai at regular speeds. Above 3k rpm and above 50mph is where they show their real power. That's there sweet spot. U can tell a great difference I hear when udrive cars withthem on the highway.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

what about ram air shaker hoods. besides the looks, do they perform?
the true ram air systems like the WMS do perform. the shaker hoods are basically just for looks
Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Didn't read close enough, I thought he said systems. Thanx for correcting me.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i meant the REAL ram air system. not the dummy hood. i guess it comes down to cutting a hole in your hood and if you really want to do it.....cutting my hood makes me cringe[&:].
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

also, wouldnt that require more cleaning? i'd expect the hood scoop to catch bugs and debris, but i wouldnt know [>:].
Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the only real ram air system is the WMS right now, and it does not require cutting your hood at all

http://www.wmsracing.com/pgi-ProductSpec?WMS-HVIV6DIA1

you can also get it w/o the tuner for cheaper
Old 10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking about thatWMS system, but I realized I'd rather save the $500 and put it towards future mods on a gt. But if u have the money and want to show a lot of people up on the road/highway, I think it would be an amazing mod. Definitly an underlooked mod on any car. Especially if u live in a place whereit gets cool out.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

CDC's shaker systems also performs, thats my next mod after I install my duals. I bought the V6 dual kit from FRPP that comes with everything, the x pipe, mids, 2 frpp mufflers with 4" tips, all hangers, brackets and OEM clamps, plus those cool little trim pieces for the bumper cut outs. The web site listed this kit at $669 I think, but I have a friend that gets wholesale prices from ford so it only cost me $369 plus tax. Now I cant wait till the weekend to get it installed. Anyhow my buddy has a 06 4.0 and I drove it b4 and after the CDC shaker install and there was quiet a bit of difference you could feel, im sure the numbers wouldnt be worth spending $800 on, but for style and underhood appearance combined with a little more zip it is def. worth it.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

$370 for duals! Damn u! LOL! I got my duals piece by piece used except for the mufflers and it ran me $500 uninnstalled(not counting headers). Good Deal! Yeah, any ram air like induction system is good. If ur looking into some nice performance and looks, get a shaker or wms system. WMS is an under the hood appearance look. Good Luck with that exhaust Wickerbill!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

hey, any chance your friend could get me a good deal on the ford intake/tune when it comes out? (of course I'd pay more than his cost, to give him some profit, as long as it was cheaper than from ford)

Quick Reply: Which bolt-ons aren't worth it?