Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I GOT RAPED

Old 10-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I GOT RAPED

The 315-320rwhp one is the hi-po w/the upgraded pulley that's only $100 I believe.The regular the hi-po only makes 285-295rwhp.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Hey ODDYSEY, I completely see where you are coming from, I was nearly a V-6 owner myself(trust me if I couldn't afford my GT I would be in a sixer in a heart beat). People around me and my true intentions(and financial ability) allowed me to realize what(to me) Mustangs have always represented, a fast car(that is available to all with either a 6 or 8 cylinder engine), that has style, heritage and people the world over recognize. I'll bet anyone that if you take all the emblems and names off of a C6 'Vette and a S197 'Stang, most people will know what the Mustang is, while most might not with the 'Vette.
I lusted for a GT since 11th grade(1982, when the "Boss is Back" adsfor the reintroduced GT were in all the mags) and I waited forever to buy one(one thing after another happened[:@]).BTW nice color, good luck with your X-Charger purchase(and go run some F-bodies with it)......................
I wouldn't make that bet if I were you.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

The 2.6 or the 2.8 pully? If I remember correctly, we've only seen 1 x-charger break 300 rwhp, and that was bscottie's with some internal engine work. If I'm wrong, that's awesome but I don't think the x-charger by itself will get you there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the X, and it is definitely an option I am considering when I am ready to go FI. Everyone that has it seems to absolutely love it. However, 300 rwhp is kind of a magic number for a lot of people, and the X by itself seems like it just doesn't quite get there. Now many have said for quite some time that all it lacks is an intercooler to unlock it's potential, and now we have one in the works so we may see some numbers going way beyond 300 rwhp.

If I've missed somebody besides bscottie posting up an X system making 310 rwhp, then please let me know and I'll be as excited as anyone. But since people are going to read these forums and decide what direction to go with their cars, the information needs to be accurate.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PistonsFan102

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Hey ODDYSEY, I completely see where you are coming from, I was nearly a V-6 owner myself(trust me if I couldn't afford my GT I would be in a sixer in a heart beat). People around me and my true intentions(and financial ability) allowed me to realize what(to me) Mustangs have always represented, a fast car(that is available to all with either a 6 or 8 cylinder engine), that has style, heritage and people the world over recognize. I'll bet anyone that if you take all the emblems and names off of a C6 'Vette and a S197 'Stang, most people will know what the Mustang is, while most might not with the 'Vette.
I lusted for a GT since 11th grade(1982, when the "Boss is Back" adsfor the reintroduced GT were in all the mags) and I waited forever to buy one(one thing after another happened[:@]).BTW nice color, good luck with your X-Charger purchase(and go run some F-bodies with it)......................
I wouldn't make that bet if I were you.
That's 'cause you know what a 'Vette is................................I'm talking universally, not just in the US.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moonstang

The 2.6 or the 2.8 pully? If I remember correctly, we've only seen 1 x-charger break 300 rwhp, and that was bscottie's with some internal engine work. If I'm wrong, that's awesome but I don't think the x-charger by itself will get you there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the X, and it is definitely an option I am considering when I am ready to go FI. Everyone that has it seems to absolutely love it. However, 300 rwhp is kind of a magic number for a lot of people, and the X by itself seems like it just doesn't quite get there. Now many have said for quite some time that all it lacks is an intercooler to unlock it's potential, and now we have one in the works so we may see some numbers going way beyond 300 rwhp.

If I've missed somebody besides bscottie posting up an X system making 310 rwhp, then please let me know and I'll be as excited as anyone. But since people are going to read these forums and decide what direction to go with their cars, the information needs to be accurate.

I was under the impression that all X-chargers made over 300RWHP. A friend of mine has an '06 V6 and is currently saving for the X-charger. He's told me over and over that he will be able to take my car when he gets it installed. I haven't been arguing because hell, it's a friggin supercharger, but I made 298RWHP before my last couple of bolt ons, so there's a chance he's been blowing smoke up my ***. Hmmm, perhaps I'll have to make a wager with him. Thanks for the info!

Also, who makes the X-charger. I never even heard of it until he told me he was buying one.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I don't know who makes them, but explorer express sells them. Is he getting the hi-po x-charger or regular? Either way if u had 298rwhp and put on a couple more bolt-on's u should have him if u can drive and he has no other mods.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:16 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

The actual supercharger used in the X-Charger setup is a Magnuson/Eaton MP90