Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:39 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Fog Lamps

i have smoked head lights..with cheap fog lights wired with a switch...and it works great.....but go with covers for ur head lights...so that if ur ever in a low light area..u can just pop them off..
Old 10-12-2007, 07:23 PM
emconn
1st Gear Member

I have foglights and didnt use a wiring harness.I tapped into my marker lights.But todo this you have to run a relay other wise itwont work. It was easy to do and spent like 20 bucks and haveextra parts.You will spend less then that if you have wire and connectors layin around.Way better than 100 bucks. And therevery bright. But the foglights come on when ever I turn themarker lightson which is no big deal cause igot them to use them.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: emconn

I have foglights and didnt use a wiring harness.I tapped into my marker lights.But todo this you have to run a relay other wise itwont work. It was easy to do and spent like 20 bucks and haveextra parts.You will spend less then that if you have wire and connectors layin around.Way better than 100 bucks. And therevery bright. But the foglights come on when ever I turn themarker lightson which is no big deal cause igot them to use them.
Now heres a guy who takes it by the horns and wires them how he wants them
to operate. Super. You have made my day. I like the take charge and get er done
the cheap way instead of paying $75-$100 for a "harness" thats actually only
worth about $20. The fog light connectors are available at AutoZone and the
relays also. Its just wire and some wire loom. I have about $18 in mine for
the 2 watertite fog lamp connectors, fuse, relay, wire and loom. I even make
my own fuse taps from ordinary fuses.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/B31E4AC2E761420AADD801406D58054D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/9CB11F3303214A1DB0A47E619E81D94A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/40F9768EE5244109B9E849D9213BBD3D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Hubcapsplus
Banned

We are offering a factory Pony Grille with aftermarket fog lamps installed and aftermarket wiring and switch included for $179 plus shipping. We do not have them up on the site yet but they are in stock and ready to ship. For those who want the factory pony wiring and GT switch we have them also. Just send me a pm or give us a call. I will post links when we have them on the site.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

You guys DO know that fog lights are NOT headlights?
You do know what you're all talking about is illegal? Tinting your headlights so they're dim, running with fogs only at night - are not just illegal but unsafe?
Best use headlight covers so you pop them off when the cop won't let you drive it until you make your lights work properly.
Fogs or driving lights need to be on a switch so they can be turned off when they need to be.

But most of all, screwing with the headlights is risky business - the life you risk may not be your own.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

There's a guy around here with a black GT that drives around at night with only the fogs on. They're not as bright as you might think... hence why they're fog lights and not headlights. During early evening morning or early evening hours when the sun is rising orsetting I think they're fine... I do it sometimes, and mine are a little less bright than the GT fogs. But not during after the sky is black.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

you DO realize we're not retarded?
you do know that we dont give a ****?
**** cops who pull people over for smoked out headlights, we have people getting shot for drugs, headlights should be the least of their worries

As far as im concerned i will have enough light to see what i need to see, and that will be ample light for someone else to see me at night, so its just as dangerous as any other driving scenereo. Some people just suck at driving and make poor decisions, has nothign to do with how much tint i have on my headlights
ORIGINAL: YellowFlame

You guys DO know that fog lights are NOT headlights?
You do know what you're all talking about is illegal? Tinting your headlights so they're dim, running with fogs only at night - are not just illegal but unsafe?
Best use headlight covers so you pop them off when the cop won't let you drive it until you make your lights work properly.
Fogs or driving lights need to be on a switch so they can be turned off when they need to be.

But most of all, screwing with the headlights is risky business - the life you risk may not be your own.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

There's a guy around here with a black GT that drives around at night with only the fogs on. They're not as bright as you might think... hence why they're fog lights and not headlights. During early evening morning or early evening hours when the sun is rising orsetting I think they're fine... I do it sometimes, and mine are a little less bright than the GT fogs. But not during after the sky is black.
Thank you for your USEFUL input. However, i realize they're not all that bright, the headlights will be giving SOME (note- i said some which means i realize i am destroying most of the light which used to come from them) light off. Yay for HID fog light kits.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: LesteR723

**** cops who pull people over for smoked out headlights, we have people getting shot for drugs, headlights should be the least of their worries

As far as im concerned i will have enough light to see what i need to see, and that will be ample light for someone else to see me at night, so its just as dangerous as any other driving scenereo. Some people just suck at driving and make poor decisions, has nothign to do with how much tint i have on my headlights
[quote]

You're right, some people are poor drivers, and you wont help matters.
Your're right, some people make poor decisions, and you seem to be one of them.
Retarded? Probably not. Stupid apparently so.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i haven't caused a wreck yet so i think im straight
its the females doing their make up driving on the phone that worry me

[quote]ORIGINAL: YellowFlame

[quote]ORIGINAL: LesteR723

You're right, some people are poor drivers, and you wont help matters.
Your're right, some people make poor decisions, and you seem to be one of them.
Retarded? Probably not. Stupid apparently so.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamps