Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SCT tuner and Bama?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SCT tuner and Bama?

I sent Doug a very detailed e-mail about my car w/mods, the tune I want(93 race), andquestions I haveabout it. I guess I'll get an e-mail back with in a day or 2. Anyone confirm that from previous experiences? I'll order the tune with in 24hrs of receiving his ok to do it w/no for seenproblems. Thanx again for the help guys and I can't wait till I get the ok to order it!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i didnt get a reply from doug right away. it was several days later actually, almost a week. i almost started to think that he deleted my email....[&:]. when he finally responded, he answered my questions clearly. he seems like a pretty busy guy so dont expect speedy service, but do expect quality. after i got my tunes and questions answered, i didnt mind the wait at all.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

It's now been 8 days since I ordered ONE EMAIL TUNE, and I emailed him two days ago regarding the order, and have heard nothing.

That is unnaceptable in terms of customer service, I don't care how busy he is. I spent $75.00 on one tune, that requires no shipping, and I have heard nothing back...Now I'm sure I have to wait ANOTHER two days, as I assume he doesn't work on the weekends, at least not with internet order stuff.

I'm probably going to cancel the order on Monday night if it's not in yet.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

It's now been 8 days since I ordered ONE EMAIL TUNE, and I emailed him two days ago regarding the order, and have heard nothing.

That is unnaceptable in terms of customer service, I don't care how busy he is. I spent $75.00 on one tune, that requires no shipping, and I have heard nothing back...Now I'm sure I have to wait ANOTHER two days, as I assume he doesn't work on the weekends, at least not with internet order stuff.

I'm probably going to cancel the order on Monday night if it's not in yet.
well i'm sure you'll get your tune sooner than if you cancel now and order from somewhere else. can't expect responses as quickly as you get in the forums but i understand 8 days IS a long time. sometimes you got to wait a little bit. thats life. if you dont hear from him or get anything by the mid of next week, i wouldnt blame you for cancelling. good luck.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

That's ok, I can wait for a reply and then order the tune. I am not going to do any racing in the near future that Iwill need it that badly. It's just one last mod before the winter comes. Thanx 4 the help again!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I like his tunes. I know a one whell burn is lame, but I can punch it from a dead stop and burn the tire. The shifts are improved, although 2-3 does not seem as firm even with increased shift pressure.
He is busy and I think he goes out of town to do tunes. He will respond. I got my SCT and 3 tunes in under a week about 5 months ago.
I saw your other post steelstang05, you're a good dude. It's the internet. Water off a ducks back.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx! Yeah, I picked bama tunes b/c I heard Doug makes the best tunes. I can wait for something, especially if it's great quality.I can't wait to order and get it now. But once I get it, it will be worth every penny. Can't wait!Thanx for the advice, yeah I'll stay away from that stuff now.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Justordered the 93 race tune from bama.Through e-mail,Doug said the tune should be done by tomorrow or Thursday. I'll update u when I've installed and tested it. I heard I have to reset my car to it's stock tune and then upload the new tune to my x-cal 2 or I will run in to problems. Is this true?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Justordered the 93 race tune from bama.Through e-mail,Doug said the tune should be done by tomorrow or Thursday. I'll update u when I've installed and tested it. I heard I have to reset my car to it's stock tune and then upload the new tune to my x-cal 2 or I will run in to problems. Is this true?
not sure about reseting your SCT but congrats on finally ordering your tune. you've been posting quite a bit on this subject. good luck and you should really enjoy it!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx! Yeah, someone please tell me about this, anyone w/previous experience? :I heard I have to reset my car to it's stock tune and then upload the new tune to my x-cal 2 or I will run in to problems. Is this true?

Quick Reply: SCT tuner and Bama?