Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

?'s on the X-charger!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ?'s on the X-charger!

K thanx 4 the help! What is the wet-x kit actually make rwhp wise? bama says 25-35rwhp, is that a good guess or over rated?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

I listed that info in a previous post
"To date the highest HP (dyno sheet documented)Hi-Po with the 2.8 pulley and water injection is 310. "
Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I wondered what the wet-x kit would add alone though. Like as an entity it should make 25-35rwhp? Less? has anyone dyno'd before wet-x kit and after wet-x kit? That's whatI meant.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

here, ill put this into a more realistic calculation for you.

bscottie made 287rwhp and 290rwtq on his stock motor with a 2.8 pullied hi-po kit and meth/water injection. Since he is an auto, you can realistically say a manual will make 287 * 1.05 (hp) with similar mods. Thats about 300rwhp/305rwtq. Now also keep in mind, ilduce put down 298rwhp with a dyno tune on a 2.8 pullied, hi-po manual tranny car without any kind of injection (wet-x), but that is on a mustang dyno, so results are skewed more for comparisons sake. Basically, don't worry as much about numbers unless you are talking about a specific person's car on a specific dyno, because they will change with conditions. Just know that bscottie ran a 13.2@105 with an open rear, some stickies, the 2.8 and injection. Realistically he could run 12's with that trap speed. Throw an lsd/locker in that car and he would have def seen 12's if he didnt see them by just practicing his launch a bit. since there arent very many x guys running at the track, all we can say is definite, is an auto with the 2.8 and meth can run low 13's, probably 12's are possible with the right launch. With the upcoming intercooler, 12's are DEFINATELY a possibility on the 2.8" and with the 2.6" i'd say mid 12's could be a reality with the right setup. Keep in mind the test car saw a 26rwhp/33rwtq gain over non-intercooled with the 2.8" pulley and a slipping belt making only 8 psi. With that intercooler setup (that is coming) and the 2.6", you could realistically expect 320rwhp on an automatic car.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx, that'spretty muchwhat I was looking for! Would u say the wet-x kit showed more of thosegains or the higher psi pulley for that dynotune? I was just wondering if I had to choose between a higher psi pulley or wet x-kit which one should I pick? That13.2@105 with an open rear, some stickies, the 2.8 and injection is pretty impressive.I'll look into the intercooled one if it's out when my decisioncomes. Thanx for all the help again!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Thanx, that'spretty muchwhat I was looking for! Would u say the wet-x kit showed more of thosegains or the higher psi pulley for that dynotune? I was just wondering if I had to choose between a higher psi pulley or wet x-kit which one should I pick? That13.2@105 with an open rear, some stickies, the 2.8 and injection is pretty impressive.I'll look into the intercooled one if it's out when my decisioncomes. Thanx for all the help again!
yea i wouldn't quite go the route bscottie went though. Don't spend cash on drag radials until you have an lsd or locker in the rear cause drag radials do nothing for you on the street unless you actually drive everyday with them and they will dissapear fast if oyu do. i bet ya low 13's is possible in a stick with a locker, some suspension work and street tires wit hthe rest of his mods. that 105 trap speed is what impresses me. I would personally just go with the pulley or just use the 3.0 pulley that comes with the kit until the intercooler comes out. No sense spending 400 bucks on meth injection when the intercooler setup is on its way. Just have fun with ~270rwhp until then.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro
yea i wouldn't quite go the route bscottie went though. Don't spend cash on drag radials until you have an lsd or locker in the rear cause drag radials do nothing for you on the street unless you actually drive everyday with them and they will dissapear fast if oyu do. i bet ya low 13's is possible in a stick with a locker, some suspension work and street tires wit hthe rest of his mods. that 105 trap speed is what impresses me. I would personally just go with the pulley or just use the 3.0 pulley that comes with the kit until the intercooler comes out. No sense spending 400 bucks on meth injection when the intercooler setup is on its way. Just have fun with ~270rwhp until then.
Yeah, I probably won't get DR's cause I probably will rarely or never hit the track. I might get wider tires though. Probably 235' or 245's on my stock 16's after I see how bad traction/tire spin is. I'll probably get the pulley with it then and no meth injection. BTW, I won't be ordering this until the summer if I get another job(2 total), or I'll have to wait till X-mas 2008. Thanx for all the help again!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

can u send me the link to the xcharger intercooler
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

pm sent.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I am honored for the mentioning. LOL seems like someone has read a lot of the available info

Quick Reply: ?'s on the X-charger!