Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I now have VMP and BaMa Tunes. Quick review.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Default I now have VMP and BaMa Tunes. Quick review.

So about at month ago, I ordered the VMP CAI, and the SCT xcal2 with 87 mileage, 89perf, and 91 perf (I'm in Cali, so I only have 87, 89, and 91 octane). I'll leave the 87 and 89 tunes alone, as they felt similar to the stock tune, with a little more torque and pull, I've only used them once or twice.

VMP's 91 peformance tune is a great tune. The torque pull is pretty strong throughout the rpm and speed band, and I would say the torque pull being stronger in the low end.

I received Bama's 91 torque tune tonight, and it is a bangin' tune! The torque pull in the low end is fast, firm, and strong. From a stop, the torque is very prominent, and it shifts to 2nd gear around 1700, 2nd to to 3rd gear shifts around 2100, and shifts out of 3rd around 3000. Torque pull is strong and continues througout the first 3 gears, and levels off somewhat after that, but maintains a strong speed and pull. I haven't had a chance to use the tune on the highway, as there was alot of traffic tonight, so I used it on the streets.

I like Doug's 91 torque tune, Stabby's gonna be using that tune for a long time! I think I may order the 91 race tune in a month or so.

Both VMP and Bama's tunes are great, but the 91 torque isquite fun to drive. Thanks Doug!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I now have VMP and BaMa Tunes. Quick review.

i have bamma's 87 perf, 91 torq and 91 race. no experience with tunes from other shops to compare to but i feel no need to try anything different anytime soon. i'm a very happy customer at this point. the bamma 87 perf feels the same as your description of VMP's 87 and 89 perf tunes. i do give it credit for feeling equal to my diablo's canned 91 perf tune though. and 87 equal to a 91 is a sign of a quality tune . the real fun is in the 91 torq and race. just like you said about the torq tune, it really jumps from a stop and doesn't let up till the higher gears and then it feels the same as the canned perf tune. the race tune feels just as strong from a stop but keeps pulling all the way through. hard to tell how much more the torq tune pulls from a stop compared to the race but the race is definately a complete tune. i currently have the race installed but plan on switching back to the torq to see if i can feel a difference from a stop now that i've gotten used to the race. if you get the race, you won't be dissapointed....good luck.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

I agree with Sancho. I have the 87 perf, 91 race and torque. I personally like both the 91 race and tq tunes. Torque is a lot of fun to drive--it pulls really hard from a stop, and seems really aggressive off the line. It does taper off a little in the higher RPMs. The race tune is solid all around. It runs and pulls strong throughout the RPM band....i love it. I don't plan on getting any other tunes, but it would be kinda cool to drive another stang with another one of the tuners tunes...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hataap

I agree with Sancho. I have the 87 perf, 91 race and torque. I personally like both the 91 race and tq tunes. Torque is a lot of fun to drive--it pulls really hard from a stop, and seems really aggressive off the line. It does taper off a little in the higher RPMs. The race tune is solid all around. It runs and pulls strong throughout the RPM band....i love it. I don't plan on getting any other tunes, but it would be kinda cool to drive another stang with another one of the tuners tunes...
hey hataap, so do you feel like the torq does jump harder than the race tune? they seem pretty similar to me which is why i'm switching back to torq to see if i notice much. just wondering your opinion. thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

I feel that the 91 torque has more of a jump from a start, just my humble opinion
Old 10-16-2007, 02:37 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: hataap

hey hataap, so do you feel like the torq does jump harder than the race tune? they seem pretty similar to me which is why i'm switching back to torq to see if i notice much. just wondering your opinion. thanks.
yea, from what I feel, the tq initially jumps harder than the race, but then levels out really fast. The race is pretty consistent throughout
Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i have the 89 torque tune, and its great for daily driving and just for quick acceleration but its designed for low end power so you lose quite a bit on the higher end. If im racing, its my b a m a dyno tune all the way! i was so impressed with it i dont want to change it back.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

i have the 89 torque tune, and its great for daily driving and just for quick acceleration but its designed for low end power so you lose quite a bit on the higher end. If im racing, its my b a m a dyno tune all the way! i was so impressed with it i dont want to change it back.
cool, so you actually go to pay doug a visit? so is he really a busy guy cuz many are upset with his delayed email responses.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

yeah he really is. he pretty much runs b a m a chips by himself. sometimes on the weekends he has another guy come and help him load cars on the dyno and set that up but other then that its all him. the people who email him have to consider that too. when i got there he was just opening up his new shop. he showed me his computer and just from one night he had 230 emails! so right now he has to run a business, dyno tune cars, install parts on cars, run his shop, move into a brand new building, and respond to 200+ emails a day. and they are all on the same thing! i dont know if i could pull that off. but the visit was awesome, his tune is great and my car feels a whole lot stronger. i HIGHLEY recomend doug, he really know what he is doing!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

damn, that guy needs his own "mini-me".......[8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I now have VMP and BaMa Tunes. Quick review.