Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

jba headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Default jba headers

i was looking at jba headers and saw a 200 dollar diff in the ceramic coated ones and the stainless steel ones. whats the diff for 200 dollars.
i kno the ceramic coated ones are well....ceramic coated. but what makes the diff between them for200 dollarsand anyone have these? know gains for them? and if they are even worth looking at getting in the near future
thnx guys
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: jba headers

under hood temps, as well as discoloration.

i have the regular ones, paid 270, love them.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

whered u find the at for 250?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

supposedly, the ceramic ones prevent discoloration AND keep the gases hot inside the header as they exit. hot gases move much faster than cold dense gases. however, i'm sure the diff is very minimal and nothing that would be noticed but for some its just peace of mind. i personally would just save the cash and get the stainless ones like fazm.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 AM
ezell504
1st Gear Member

/\ wouldnt the chrome headers do the same?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ezell504

/\ wouldnt the chrome headers do the same?
maybe, i guess. i'm just going off descriptions i read about the ceramic ones because i had wondered the same thing. does anybody have any dyno numbers with and without the jba headers? i think i've read that it was somewhere around 5-7 hp/tq. is this accurate?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
ezell504
1st Gear Member

whats the difference between long tube and short tube headers OTHER THAN THE LENGTH.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:15 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

what exactly do headers do?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alsoknownazg

They smooth out exhaust flow as it exits the engine. The stock exhaust manifolds they replace aren't horrible, but are cast iron, with rough finishing inside and some restrictions.

Chrome will NOT do the same as ceramic in keeping underhood temps down and internal exhaust temps up. Ceramic acts as an insulator on the pipes, chrome is just applying another metal (shinier) over the existing metal, so it doesn't effect heat characteristics much. Chrome also tends to discolor rapidlyunder high heat, taking on a bluish or brownish hue.

I'm running stainless JBA's that I had custom ceramic coated by Jet-Hot (had to do it that way because I wanted to add EGT sensor bungs and needed those welded on before the ceramic was applied)

imho, the ceramic is well worth the extra $$$. It really does a great job keeping things under the hood cooler, and looks much better than the raw stainless.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

ORIGINAL: alsoknownazg

They smooth out exhaust flow as it exits the engine. The stock exhaust manifolds they replace aren't horrible, but are cast iron, with rough finishing inside and some restrictions.

Chrome will NOT do the same as ceramic in keeping underhood temps down and internal exhaust temps up. Ceramic acts as an insulator on the pipes, chrome is just applying another metal (shinier) over the existing metal, so it doesn't effect heat characteristics much. Chrome also tends to discolor rapidlyunder high heat, taking on a bluish or brownish hue.

I'm running stainless JBA's that I had custom ceramic coated by Jet-Hot (had to do it that way because I wanted to add EGT sensor bungs and needed those welded on before the ceramic was applied)

imho, the ceramic is well worth the extra $$$. It really does a great job keeping things under the hood cooler, and looks much better than the raw stainless.
whats the performance difference for a N/A car?

Quick Reply: jba headers