Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo Question

Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Turbo Question

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

[
ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

I don't know the specifics, but someone with a turbo will see this and help u. U need to beef up or upgrade to a stronger tranny once u reach a certain rwhp. U will probably need forged internals(we have some, I think our pistons r the weak link) after a certain rwhp. And u might need to upgrade to an 8.8" rear end after a certain hp, but I'm not sure what. After a certain amount of rwhp or psi(not sure) u will need to upgrade ur fuel pump if udon't haveagood upgraded on that comes with theturbo kit.And u will need a limited slip differential to have power going to both wheels. Someone can specify the rwhp #'s that each will occur at, but I don't know them. Good Luck!
Ok man, first off, unless you actually know what you are talking about please don't post. Your reply is nothing more than post whoring. Second, please learn to type like an adult, we have a full key board, please use it, we're not text messaging here.
What r u doing in the 4.0 section? If my memory deems me right, u don't even drive a mustang. Leave me alone, I was only trying to help and tell him some of the possible upgrades he might need like he asked. Geez! Some people get pissed about everything. And don't read my typing if u don't like it, Do u have ocd? Most people don't have a problem with it and it allows me to type more info quicker. BTW, what u just did was beinga post *****-posting something that has no reference or aid to the topic. [sm=owned.gif]

PS-Sorry to go off topic blackstang. Come on guys, give him some more help! Like how much hp can the tranny take! Oh and blackstang, how much rwhp r u looking to get/want?
See the letters under my name? Can you read what they say? I can go anyplace I please onthis site. What I did was warn that you that you givebad advice (or more accurite, you have a lack of experiance) and as such should be taken with agrain of salt when you give advice. Sorry I don't see how "owned" me, if you want to start that battle I promise you will lose.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
bement14
1st Gear Member

I think that the Forced4 is currently only for 5-speed transmissions, but they are trying to work one for an automatic. The Forced4 turbo only comes intercooled, which I think is a plus. I don't know much about the specific differences though.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

jd i see where you are coming from, but you were kind of an *** to him when he gave 80% correct information (he just wasn't specific about it) and said, "i think" or "probably" before everything. So basically he just gave the guy an idea of what he is getting into and even said someone else could help better. It doesn't seem like he has done anything wrong, and your post wasn't exactly the perfect example of the proper english.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

8CD touched on mostly everything, and as usual he is bang on with everything he stated. The only part I may disagree with is that on turbo in my opinion you can do 11 psi very reliably unlike the 10 psi he stated, but that is almost a moot point.

Nobody really knows the "limit" of the 5r55 trans for the 4.0 to my knowledge. Todd was having some 3-4 slippage with 30k miles on his car. His latest setup was probably putting down right at 500rwhp. I only had 10k miles on my trans and putting down 480rwhp and had no such slippage at that point. I would dare to say 400rwhp can be done pretty reliably, but the input shaft is a concern. This of course is on an auto. For manual cars I would rely on Fazm to give good advice.

By the way, the 8.8 already has the standard tlok and comes with either the 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 gears from some companies. The only thing needed to swap them into the 4.0 is a flange. Well worth the money.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice! I found v6mustangstuff.com, very useful and a good deal for all that comes with it. I was thinking about gears, now this just gives me the excuse to get them with the package and ultimately working towards a turbocharger. I will let you guys know what Idecide down the road.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan! Good Luck! and sorry about going off topic again.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackstang14

Thanks for the advice! I found v6mustangstuff.com, very useful and a good deal for all that comes with it. I was thinking about gears, now this just gives me the excuse to get them with the package and ultimately working towards a turbocharger. I will let you guys know what Idecide down the road.
check out newtakeoff.com. They have complete 8.8" rears with gears already installed. I believe you can select from 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10's. Stay away from 4.10's if you are going turbo on a street car though.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

10psi for a dd? oh cmon, im at almost 12k on the turbo (10k miles of it on 12psi) with plenty of track trips
Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

10psi for a dd? oh cmon, im at almost 12k on the turbo (10k miles of it on 12psi) with plenty of track trips
and a blown tranny lolol. Im just being extra conservative because when you only have ONE car and you blow a motor....uh oh.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ya 2 transmissions gone lol.

but i blew one n/a and one with 12psi.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Question