Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

big(ger) guns

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: big(ger) guns

Yes, keep informed. Very interested here.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

I dont really give updates on my car here, but I thought I would let people in on what is currently going on with my car. Right now she is in the shop finalizing the installation of:

Spearco Intercooler (http://turboneticsinc.com/products/i...;category_id=9)
Zabteck Throttle Body (http://www.zabteck.com/07tb.htm)
Vortech 12psi Pulley

I am hoping for 320s from my auto on the Mustang Dyno and 340s on the dyno jet. According to the math, I will be looking at around 400hp and 440tq at the crank.

It should all be tuned and done with on Monday next week, so I will post up pictures.
Damn, I just realized you didn't list for everybody the rest of your mods(full exhaust etc.). Just post them with your dyno #'s and don't forget to tell us which dyno your going on! Dyno Jet #'s = better than and more real thanMustang Dyno #'s. Sadly to say, when I get my supercharger it's going to a mustang dyno.[&o] It's all good cause I'll correct the #'s to see my actual power. Thanks for the suggestion of the Zabteck ThrottleBody Too! (price on that would be nice to know) Good Luck again, and don't waste too many sets of tires with the new set-up!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:25 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

If you want real numbers, the Mustang Dyno is where to spin. I am going on the Mustang Dyno, so I will show lower numbers than people would expect. For example, a full bolt on GT seems to make about 285rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, whereas on a Dyno Jet they make about 310rwhp. Buckman had a difference of something like 90rwhp on the Dyno Jet and Mustang Dyno. I am hoping for 320rwhp on the Mustang Dyno. Last time I was on this dyno all I had was the supercharger non-intercooled at 8psi and a single JBA muffler,and made 250rwhp. Since then, I have added the Zabteck TB, JBA true dual pipes, Corsa muffers, JBA ignition cables, an intercooler, and 4 more psi.

I may get on a Dyno Jet to see some bigger number though lol
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

If you want real numbers, the Mustang Dyno is where to spin. I am going on the Mustang Dyno, so I will show lower numbers than people would expect. For example, a full bolt on GT seems to make about 285rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, whereas on a Dyno Jet they make about 310rwhp. Buckman had a difference of something like 90rwhp on the Dyno Jet and Mustang Dyno. I am hoping for 320rwhp on the Mustang Dyno. Last time I was on this dyno all I had was the supercharger non-intercooled at 8psi and a single JBA muffler,and made 250rwhp. Since then, I have added the Zabteck TB, JBA true dual pipes, Corsa muffers, JBA ignition cables, an intercooler, and 4 more psi.

I may get on a Dyno Jet to see some bigger number though lol
Saveyour money. One dyno tunes enough and you can correct your numbers through a calculator to see what you would have had.12PSI! HELL YEAH! I can't wait to see mine on the dyno when everythings said and donefor me. I pretty much wanna run the same set-up as you but I'll have shorty headers and I'm notsure if I'm getting JBA cables(moneypending most likely). Good Luck and Don't Forget to take down as many STI's and EVO's that you find!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

I wont get another tune on the DJ, I would just spin the wheels. I know how to estimate numbers, but nobody believes estimations. What sucks is that everybody rates with DJ's, even though they know they are false (really high) readings. And I can already take Evo's and Sti's from rolls, but off the line those things are beasts...I doubt that anything I do will allow me to take one off the line, because they just get mad traction that I will never be able to get lol. (Speaking of which, I need to wear down these tires to I can allow myself to get a better set....)