Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which supercharger is the best for me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default Which supercharger is the best for me?

I want to supercharge my v6 now that I have all it's apperance mods done, here I don't want to try to spend more than 5k including labor.

I'm looking to end up with 300 RWhp, but I want to run the minimum PSI (looking for around 8), and I care about 0-60 times here, not max HP or bragging rights. I don't drive setups that aren't cassually drivable, so a smooth torque band would be nice, I'm going to use premium fuel.

Take into account with my goals that I'm running: full Borla Axel backs with GT mid pipes, and H pipe, high flow cats, C&L filter and 3.55 gears.

It's an automatic, and using 235 40 18 PZero Corsa tires and the whole car is lowered 1 inch.

Not to be presumptuous but I was hoping for something around 4.5 seconds in 0-60. What supercharger setup should I look for? Everyone mentiones X-chargers but I've not heard the best things about them. Trubo is out of the question as I already have a turbo car and I want something different.

I do 6.4's now on a hard launch. It's also my oppinion that I'm running an underpreforming engine.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
SleeperStangV6

Default RE: Which supercharger is the best for me?

Well bro...i am kinda askin the same question. I have heard a lot of good things about the Vortech superchargers. And some people have mentioned Roushchargers to me but i havent found any roushchargers for the v6. But my opinion would be to look into the Vortech's or Prochargers. They have some info on the procharger at www.rpmoutlet.com or the Vortechs at www.vortechsuperchargers.com . -Good luck
Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Another one coming soon ...

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/c-79-su...ng-rotrex.aspx
Old 10-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

I want to supercharge my v6 now that I have all it's apperance mods done, here I don't want to try to spend more than 5k including labor.

I'm looking to end up with 300 RWhp, but I want to run the minimum PSI (looking for around 8), and I care about 0-60 times here, not max HP or bragging rights. I don't drive setups that aren't cassually drivable, so a smooth torque band would be nice, I'm going to use premium fuel.

Take into account with my goals that I'm running: full Borla Axel backs with GT mid pipes, and H pipe, high flow cats, C&L filter and 3.55 gears.

It's an automatic, and using 235 40 18 PZero Corsa tires and the whole car is lowered 1 inch.

Not to be presumptuous but I was hoping for something around 4.5 seconds in 0-60. What supercharger setup should I look for? Everyone mentiones X-chargers but I've not heard the best things about them. Trubo is out of the question as I already have a turbo car and I want something different.

I do 6.4's now on a hard launch. It's also my oppinion that I'm running an underpreforming engine.
What bad things did you hear about the x-chargers? Wondering, cause I'm gonna buy a hi-po x kit in the future w/a2.8" pulley and should be around 290-300rwhp when everthing's said and done. I don't think you can match the x-charger reliability, power wise, or low-end(0-60) torque wise with any other supercharger on the market non-intercooled. So please, I want to know what bad things you've heard, it worries me a little. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Also, I don't believe it's possible to reach 300rwhp at 8psi without an intercooled supercharger, longtube headers, full exhaust, and dyno tune.Since you have a full exhaust already, the rest of the parts willrun you around $5.6k installed at the cheapest prices, so that's out of budget.Even if you do this, I'm not sure you'll make 300rwhp because automatics have more of a crank hp drivetrain loss than manuals.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I'd like to know what "bad" stuff you've heard about X-Chargers too.... I bet money it didn't come from someone who owns one or has even driven one....

I'm going on well over a year from installing my "X" (S/N 004) and I would do it again tomorrow if I had a second 4.0.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

I'd like to know what "bad" stuff you've heard about X-Chargers too.... I bet money it didn't come from someone who owns one or has even driven one....

I'm going on well over a year from installing my "X" (S/N 004) and I would do it again tomorrow if I had a second 4.0.
+1, Almost everyone I've talked to about superchargers said the x-charger is the best streetable, best low end torque, and best reliable non-intercooled supercharger on the market. And once it's intercooler is madeand at a reasonable price, it will be the best intercooled supercharger too. Check the market though or do some searchers and you'll see the x performs on the track too! And that 0-60 is for a 12 sec car, which is barely possible on a non-intercooled hi-po x-charger. bscottie ran a 13.2 with a hi-po x, 2.8 pulley, wet-x kit,dyno tune,and I believe some exhaust mods. People sayif he had a t-lok he would of run 12's. Good chance of that too. Hope this clears it up a little on the x's power.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Also, I don't believe it's possible to reach 300rwhp at 8psi without an intercooled supercharger, longtube headers, full exhaust, and dyno tune.Since you have a full exhaust already, the rest of the parts willrun you around $5.6k installed at the cheapest prices, so that's out of budget.Even if you do this, I'm not sure you'll make 300rwhp because automatics have more of a crank hp drivetrain loss than manuals.
rick hit 299rwhp on his procharger setup at only 7psi.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

how much is the X in the group buy?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Trying to find out on the group buy! I'll let you know once I do. BTW, on the procharger, how much do they cost and was that with or without an intercooler Fazm?

Quick Reply: Which supercharger is the best for me?