MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Vortech info and help! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/359583-vortech-info-and-help.html)

Trmachuno 10-19-2007 02:44 PM

Vortech info and help!

Some info on the vortech chargers I found from previous threads:

SuperchargersOnline.com
Standard tuner kit: $2,549.00
Standard kit: $3,299.00
H/O tuner kit: $3,449.00
H/O Kit: $4,149.00
Tuner kits need injectors, tuner(tune), and maybe fuel pump.

With the tuner kit you need a dyno tune, but you would have needed one anyways. The canned tune is so rich that it feels like your car is unhappy, and with a pulley swap it is for sure needed. You could contact Justin @ VMP or any other reputable tuner of your liking, an get a mail tune for the Vortech on your SCT Xcal-2 you can run that for awhile until you can get to a shop..... try contacting SCT and call them.....ask if they have vortech's base tune for download (doubtfull but worth a try)..

Right now I am running 8.6psi with the 3.40 pulley. That pulley was hard to find, so I had to pay the full price for it, which was like $75

With only a muffler and 8.6psi, I ran 270rwhp on my auto with a hi-flow muffler only. You will run mid to high 13's for sure with this set-up.
I know that the guy who changed from single with muffler to the 3" single exhaust with his supercharger application got 22rwtq (forgot hp number). My guess(SteelStang05) would be you'd see 8-18rwhp more from going duals over a single hi-flow muffler with f/i. And another 5-10rwhp from shorty headers.

Few ?'s I need answered if anyone knows though:
1. How much rwhp will the stock fuel pump max out at?
2. What size injectors should I get with the tuner kit?
3. Has there been any problems with the vortech chargers during install or right after?
4. How much psi can I run for a DD that's safely tuned on an intercooled vortech?
5.Anyone have vortech dyno sheets? Intercooled or non-intercooled.
I'm looking into the intercooled vortech w/an 11psi pulley and that should put me around. 340-350rwhp easily. Thanx for the help ahead of time!

chrisc 10-19-2007 04:39 PM

RE: Vortech info and help!

lol quoted me up there i see...

1) I think people change them out at arround 380rwhp...I dont think you should worry.

2) It comes with 39#'s, you probably can do 24#'s though

3) not that I have heard of

4)12psi is the general notion of maximum

5) I will scan the new one I get on Monday for you

Trmachuno 10-19-2007 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: chrisc

lol quoted me up there i see...

1) I think people change them out at arround 380rwhp...I dont think you should worry.

2) It comes with 39#'s, you probably can do 24#'s though

3) not that I have heard of

4)12psi is the general notion of maximum

5) I will scan the new one I get on Monday for you
Yeah, Your the number one source on here for vortech supercharger info. :DI think 28lb/hr or 32lb/hrinjectors seems like a good middle ground if I want to up the psi.This seems like the best route too because it has an intercooler. I calculated prices, andwith the tuner kit, buying all the extra's, bigger pulley, and dyno tune, it's only a couple hundread more than the non-ic pullied hi-pox. I hope I can get it for x-mas, but I will need to talk my parents into it, or weight till May. Thanx for all the help!

chrisc 10-19-2007 04:51 PM

I dont think you are going to reach those numbers, I have only heard of one person with 340rwhp on a Vortech, and it had almost every mod out there, had 12psi of boost, and was a stick.

I think if you want to hit higher numbers like that you will have to go with a procharger, and will need a stick.

Trmachuno 10-19-2007 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: chrisc

I dont think you are going to reach those numbers, I have only heard of one person with 340rwhp on a Vortech, and it had almost every mod out there, had 12psi of boost, and was a stick.

I think if you want to hit higher numbers like that you will have to go with a procharger, and will need a stick.
What's a good guess than for me w/12psi pulley, intercooled supercharger, duals, h-pipe, shorty headers, dyno tune, and an aluminum driveshaft.
Update: Hinted at mom for supercharger for X-mas and she said we can work things out if I pay her/them back over a few months after x-mas. It's looking good. But I won't be able to get the supercharger installed tillsomewhere betweenLate February andEarlyApril because of this. It's still good newsthough!

Trmachuno 10-20-2007 02:42 PM

Few more ?'s:
1. Would 4.10's be toosteep of a gear torun with this supercharger?
1.5 3.73's ok if no 4.10's?
2. A throttle body will net me how much morerwhp with the supercharger?
2.5 Bigger MAF net me any gains and what's a good size?
3. What other f/i mods other thana bigger throttle body will now be reasonably worth it?
4. How much rwhp is the stock fuel pump good till?
Thanx ahead of time!

JimC 10-20-2007 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05
Few more ?'s:
1. Would 4.10's be toosteep of a gear torun with this supercharger?
1.5 3.73's ok if no 4.10's?
Thanx ahead of time!
My tuner recommended no more than 3.73 with a supercharger - too hard to get traction with the 4.10's.

Trmachuno 10-20-2007 07:07 PM

Yeah, sounds right. I now have to decide go back to 3.31's or buy 3.73's when the time is right. Anybody know the other answers to my other questions?

Trmachuno 10-20-2007 10:26 PM

Bump!

BlkSunshine77 10-20-2007 11:12 PM

How do you like the 4.10's?
And where did you have them installed locally?

I'm running a 29" tall tire and will probably end up some kind of forced induction in the future.
Just curious if the 4.10's would still be too much, even with 29" tires.

I have a powertrax lock-right locker going in next weekend, so there is no need for me to touch the gears yet.
Still running the stock 3.31's. Parkway mileage is awesome. LOL

Another question on topic..
Is it a significant cost or huge Pain in the a$$ to add an intercooler (or aftercooler) later with the Vortech?
I just dont want to drop a ton of cash in one shot. I'd prefer to space it out if at all possible.

Thanks