Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got some Money to buy stuff with!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default Got some Money to buy stuff with!

Sobetween my birthday moneyand saved up cash at my house, I dont know from what, I have about 1800 bux to spend.

Unfortunately, my dad takes the parent road, and limits me to peformance stuff that I can do <-- nothing wrong with that

I am definately going to get a chin spoiler no doubt, to complete the lower black look....
grand on, is it?

Also, once it comes out I'm going to get the ford racing intake/tune..... $500 right? (not gonna get yelled at by the dealer, as oppose to any other intake/tune combo)...i've tossed the bamachips jlt intake/xcal3 card at my dad but he wouldnt budge

I'm contemplating either new rims....gt500s 18x9.5 machined with tires for 884 shippped/mounted/balanced, or possibly an avic-d3, which seems a little unnecessary to spend almost a

I could care less what people think, but willI become a complete gt500 poser if I got 10 inch white rally stripes from BSM? haha (I will of course need some 4.0 badges, and I'm not going to get "gt500" stripes for the side either)

Iwould love a short throw, but it seems that they all end up making the shifting harder than it already is, only shorter....so I think i've ruled these out.

Is a k-member brace a worthwile mod? how much are they?

Any and all suggestions, or opinions are welcome

Thanx,
Mark
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got some Money to buy stuff with!

Aw have fun dude i wont be able to anything to my pony till deep into the winter months[sm=violin.gif]
Here's some cool non performancethings for ur steed:honeycomb tail light panel, sequential tail lights, push button start, shorty antenna (spelling?), billet ac *****...
Where did u get ur grill from i like it
Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

Sobetween my birthday moneyand saved up cash at my house, I dont know from what, I have about 1800 bux to spend.

Unfortunately, my dad takes the parent road, and limits me to peformance stuff that I can do <-- nothing wrong with that

I am definately going to get a chin spoiler no doubt, to complete the lower black look....
grand on, is it?

Also, once it comes out I'm going to get the ford racing intake/tune..... $500 right? (not gonna get yelled at by the dealer, as oppose to any other intake/tune combo)...i've tossed the bamachips jlt intake/xcal3 card at my dad but he wouldnt budge

I'm contemplating either new rims....gt500s 18x9.5 machined with tires for 884 shippped/mounted/balanced, or possibly an avic-d3, which seems a little unnecessary to spend almost a

I could care less what people think, but willI become a complete gt500 poser if I got 10 inch white rally stripes from BSM? haha (I will of course need some 4.0 badges, and I'm not going to get "gt500" stripes for the side either)

Iwould love a short throw, but it seems that they all end up making the shifting harder than it already is, only shorter....so I think i've ruled these out.

Thanx,
Mark
No way, white stripes would look great i think. I like them with the thin pinstripe right alonside them as well. Lucky you, 1800!! Short throw shifter, good idea. The wheels would be sweet, that is probably the biggest eye-catching modification you can do. Keep working on your dad abuot the bama tunes and intake!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Go rims it will change the look and stance of your ride.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

beside my exhaust... rims are the next mod I plan on doing.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Go rims it will change the look and stance of your ride.
I agree. That's a good price for rims and rubber. Plus you can sell the Bullitts to offset your cash outlay.

I have the k-member with torque limiters, and I recommend them (<$175 I believe). The install is easy enough for most D-I-Y guys/gals. I rarely miss a shift now with the stock shifter, and when I do it's operator error.

The LaMans stripes would look great on your car, and personally I would consider the fade-away white rocker stripe to complement the LeMans.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

grand on, is it?

Thanx,
Mark

i would still get a different intake/tune combo. you wont get the performance you expect out of the ford racing one. yeah it may not void the warrenty but if worse come to worse, put ur stock airbox on, and re flash it back to stock. it will take 45 min.

as far as the rims go the gt500's will look great.

what kind of chin spoiler are you getting? 3d carbon airdam? cdc?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

i would still get a different intake/tune combo. you wont get the performance you expect out of the ford racing one. yeah it may not void the warrenty but if worse come to worse, put ur stock airbox on, and re flash it back to stock. it will take 45 min.

as far as the rims go the gt500's will look great.

what kind of chin spoiler are you getting? 3d carbon airdam? cdc?
Yeh, I'm trying on the intake, my dad keeps making new excuses. First itsthe voiding warranty, then its you'll blow your ecu, then he says your cars fast enough,So I just want to settle on the ford racing, and get some power, as oppose to nothing, and then in the future, I can get a new tune possibly.Maybe after I get into college my dad'll be happy and break down a bit.

Chin spoiler....cervinis B2 Chin, when it comes out.

tdaddy
Date 10/24/2007 12:41:30 AM

Aw have fun dude i wont be able to anything to my pony till deep into the winter months[sm=violin.gif]
Here's some cool non performancethings for ur steed:honeycomb tail light panel, sequential tail lights, push button start, shorty antenna (spelling?), billet ac *****...
Where did u get ur grill from i like it
I got the grille from ebay, its like 80 bux now (i paid 100), search "black grille mustang" should have it there
Old 10-24-2007, 08:52 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

nonstopred: NICE SIG
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

Rims and tires if dad won't budge on the tune. They are the first thing I changed on both of my stangs. 20's on the GT and 18's on the pony. 18's will offer a better ride than the 20's........But look awesome. Next mod after wheels and tires would be lowering. If you shop around you might be able to do both within your budget.

Quick Reply: Got some Money to buy stuff with!