Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bad Accident.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
CTSTANG

Default Bad Accident.

So i was going to New York from Connecticut fora confirmation party. The roads i take to get there are pretty windy and secluded so i guess yesterday was not the best day to take them. It was very wet out and lots of leaves were down on the road. I slowed down for a rather sharp turn, and right when i was about to come out of the turn my car started hydroplaning and lost total control. I tried to regain control but my car had too much speed so my car kept whipping and i hit a telephone poll. Cracked the pole, and completely annihilated my passenger side of the stang. I'm alright although some back pains and such after going to the hospital. The worst part about it all is my car. It may be totaled, i need it to be appraised but the passenger door is completely wrecked, windshield and side mirrors shattered all onto me, and gas line, and more body panels. I just wanted to put this out there to try and intervene on all the kids speeding out there. Yes, we have beautiful cars and they can be fast but don't take it for granted. If i can get in an accident without speeding and most likely totaling my car, speeding will most likely get you killed. Ill post some pics of the car when i get a chance so you can see how bad it is. Later
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad Accident.

Sorry to hear that, but i'm definately going to heed your warning. The other night it was raining bad, and with all the recent posts about people getting into accidents, I kept it 5 mph below the speed limit and went real slow when turning. Wet roads with wet leaves are like ice I hear. Sorry for the loss, good thing you're okay and hopefully you get your car back to its original glory.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 AM
CTSTANG

thanks for the concern, and im glad your taking the precautions necessary too. it was a wake up call and my life flashed before me so it definitely is worth driving a little slower depending on the conditions. I hope ill be able to get it back to its beauty 2 lol.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap. At least you were able to walk away from it, my cousin wasn't so lucky.
She was driving home on a rainy evening when she too slowed down to make a curve. She lost control of her car and it hit a telephone pole killing her. She left behind a 3 year old, 12 year old and a husband.

Don't worry, you can always replace your car or get it repaired.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:38 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your mishap. At least you were able to walk away from it, my cousin wasn't so lucky.
She was driving home on a rainy evening when she too slowed down to make a curve. She lost control of her car and it hit a telephone pole killing her. She left behind a 3 year old, 12 year old and a husband.

Don't worry, you can always replace your car or get it repaired.
i opened this post w/o the intention of feeling sad..... [&o]
Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the accident, but you are OK and that's all it matters...we can always replace doors, fenders or stangs....
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CTSTANG

So i was going to New York from Connecticut fora confirmation party. The roads i take to get there are pretty windy and secluded so i guess yesterday was not the best day to take them. It was very wet out and lots of leaves were down on the road. I slowed down for a rather sharp turn, and right when i was about to come out of the turn my car started hydroplaning and lost total control. I tried to regain control but my car had too much speed so my car kept whipping and i hit a telephone poll. Cracked the pole, and completely annihilated my passenger side of the stang. I'm alright although some back pains and such after going to the hospital. The worst part about it all is my car. It may be totaled, i need it to be appraised but the passenger door is completely wrecked, windshield and side mirrors shattered all onto me, and gas line, and more body panels. I just wanted to put this out there to try and intervene on all the kids speeding out there. Yes, we have beautiful cars and they can be fast but don't take it for granted. If i can get in an accident without speeding and most likely totaling my car, speeding will most likely get you killed. Ill post some pics of the car when i get a chance so you can see how bad it is. Later
sorry for u lost man, at least you are ok that is the most important thing. BTW did u have ur traction control on?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:26 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

thats one thing i always do when its raining with a rwd car, taking turns you cant give it any gas otherwise the back end comes out and if the traction control isn't on your gonna have a hard time recovering from it
Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
CTSTANG

You know i didnt even think of traction control because im almost positive i don't have it. Mines an 06 deluxe, not premium or anything and i don't remember it being one of the perks when i get the car. It wouldve been helpful tho. Thanks for all your concern and im sorry for other's losses. It definitely was positive in the sense that i really can be appreciative that i'm alive and alright.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I'm so sorry about your car!! I was going to have a moment of silence for a Mineral Gray possibly gone forever but you said it was an 06 so it can't be MG (just looks like it to me in your sig). I'm still really sorry you lost your pony though. Hopefully you can either fix yours or get a nice shiny new one at least.

07 Stang: I'm sorry about your cousin too. Harder when there's kiddos left without a parent.

Quick Reply: Bad Accident.