Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are you happy with your leather seats?

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Are you happy with your leather seats?

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73
i think the leather is cheap quality, and yes most of the leather seats are vinyl.. they should call them vinyl seats with leather trim.
however, they look 100 times better than cloth, add to the value of your car, and when they are freshly conditioned and cleaned, they look awesome. they do seem to be wearing really fast too. my car has 10 k on it, the seats look like 75k..
maybe you just don't take good enough care of them then. The people leather I know all love them.

Its a cheap and easy mod and they are way better/more comfortablethan stock cloth that come with the car. You should enjoy them.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

I was pleased to find out that leather GT take offs were so affordable and an easy install, I love leather seats (or vinyl-ish) either way, again, it was much better than my cloth. I agree with others that if you condition your seat material that it will look great and last a long, long time. When and if they do get worn for a mere $299 I can have all new seating. That rocks. God I love this car!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

HEY!!!......cloth aint so bad!!! i'm sure the pleather is a nice improvement but the cloth isnt so bad compared to other cars with cloth interior, especially the rock hard imports. i may consider getting leather takeoff seats myself down the road but i personally think the cloth are nothing to get ur panties in a bunch over.

hehehe......someone had to defend the cloth.....[8D]
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

I didn't hate the cloth, in my case, the previous owner was a smoker so the seats smelled like death. I do like the look of the leather because all the mustang writing in the cloth made me woozy. I would agree though, there are cars coming off the line with cloth seats not near as good as what the stang came with.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805
especially the rock hard imports.
I dunno...I owned a 95 Nissan 240 SX and a 98 Nissan Maxima...both with cloth seats and both far more impressively soft and comfortable compared to the Stang cloth now....just sayin'
Old 10-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

ORIGINAL: Sancho805
especially the rock hard imports.
I dunno...I owned a 95 Nissan 240 SX and a 98 Nissan Maxima...both with cloth seats and both far more impressively soft and comfortable compared to the Stang cloth now....just sayin'
haha....well i must have been in the wrong imports. hondas felt like styrofoam padding. i agree with the maxima seats (it is a premium car so they sure as hell be somewhat comfy) but the 240sx seats i wont give you. a friend of mine used to have one and they felt kinda flimsy and cheap to me, and yes, cheaper than the stangs cloth....but anyways......mustang cloth aint bad, but the poser leather seats are always a good improvement......that i dont doubt.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

comparisons.....cloth, impossible to clean if you get a stain in it (leather just wipes off).......but cloth doesnt get as cold or as hot as the temperature changes outside, leather does, cloth has better longevity then leather, because leather will crack and wear

theres more, I just could think of these for now
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah.....i guess if you spill your 24 oz. rockstar, it wont soak into your seat with pleather. and pleather does smell more like a sports car.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

well it is leather adn they make fake leather better that the real stuff now anyway......
Old 10-29-2007, 02:49 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When I got the IUP I got the leather seats.....actually they weren't lying when they said "leather seats" because the part you sit in is leather.

Anyway, I wanted the ease of cleaning my seats Vs cloth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you happy with your leather seats?