Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Trip Tunes for '06.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default Trip Tunes for '06.....

does this modulator thing work better than those other aftermarket fm transmitters that you can find at best buy or wherever because those belkin and griffin gadgets suck a$$!![:'(]. i used to have a Peripheral, which sounded awesome, but the damn thing wigged out my car's computer components and i have already returned the dissappointing unit. i'm at the point where i dont mind if the sound isnt digital as long as it sounds as good as the clearest radio station which is actually good enough for me. i looked up the trip tunes advance which is digital but only works with '07+ years......lame. anyways, i was wondering if anyone has this regualr trip tunes unit from ford and if it works well with minimal static. my dealer has them for like $45 or $50 which is similar in price to the crappy a$$ ones at best buy. Thanks for any feedback. I WANT TO LISTEN TO MY IPOD AGAIN!!!..........uuumm, whithout having to buy a new headunit of course.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
harlanb1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Trip Tunes for '06.....

Check this site out:
http://www.pie.net/pie_store/shopdis...1&cat=Ford

I still have my Peripheral interface. Have not had a problem yet.
I bought a ipod fm transimtter for my daughter. It works okay, but
I would much rather pay the money for a direct interface.
I dont know how good the PIE interface is. It might be worth a try.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Trip Tunes advanced says for 07 only but it ticks me off that it doesn't even include ALL 07s!! Mine has a build date of July 06 and the Trip Tunes Advanced says only for build dates after 12/4/06. What a crock!!!!

Sorry about the hijack.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

I have the Peripheral interface myself in the 06 GT. I have had the electrical sytem go a little crazytwo different times. The first time I took the unit out and re-installed. The second time I just unhooked the battery for about 5 min. They seem to come about every 3 months, but I like the direct connect and ability to control the ipod my the radio and charging ability. I have the built-in connection in the 07 and really miss the charging and control features, i'm considering adding Peripheralto this one too even with the issues. I have the FM modulator in my truck. Sound quality is average at best in the city. Works pretty well far away from cities and no radio stations close to the channel your using. In the city, I just turn it off and listen to CD's or radio.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
tclarke19

I had the same problems, then I went to a belkin transmitter which really sucked. I finally decided to have the Triptunes installed in my 06, and man was it worth it! It was about $150 with installation at the Ford dealer, and it works awesome!
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tclarke19

I had the same problems, then I went to a belkin transmitter which really sucked. I finally decided to have the Triptunes installed in my 06, and man was it worth it! It was about $150 with installation at the Ford dealer, and it works awesome!
[align=left] [/align]
really?...whats your definition of awesome?.....as good as a crystal clear radio station or do you still get a handful of static? you're talking about the trip tunes that you have to tune the station, right?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supercruzin

I have the Peripheral interface myself in the 06 GT. I have had the electrical sytem go a little crazytwo different times. The first time I took the unit out and re-installed. The second time I just unhooked the battery for about 5 min. They seem to come about every 3 months, but I like the direct connect and ability to control the ipod my the radio and charging ability. I have the built-in connection in the 07 and really miss the charging and control features, i'm considering adding Peripheralto this one too even with the issues. I have the FM modulator in my truck. Sound quality is average at best in the city. Works pretty well far away from cities and no radio stations close to the channel your using. In the city, I just turn it off and listen to CD's or radio.

your a brave man.....my periphal was perfect up until my car's computer would wig out just about every week or so. also, my battery went dead twice. not sure if it was the periphal's fault but it sure was a strange coincidence. Peripheral is accepting full refunds by the way and no longer support '06 compatibilty.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

well i did as much research as i could on this trip tunes gadget and the responses are one way or the other. nothing conclusive. i guess i will keep searching for a WORKING hard wire gadget that taps into the aux button unless i find a dirt cheap modulator. just dont want to screw with my car's instrument cluster again with a faulty hard wire unit [&:].
Old 10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

Knock on wood, no problems within the last 2 months. Mine wig's out the cluster also and I couldn't raise the top or windows the first time. Similar results the 2nd time, but I was able to correct with the battery disconnect. No issues with the running of the car or any other function. Cooling fan still worked and car didn't over heat. Wife had to drive it about 30 miles home the first time it happened. 2nd time I was sitting in the driveway. No dead battery issue to date.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supercruzin

Knock on wood, no problems within the last 2 months. Mine wig's out the cluster also and I couldn't raise the top or windows the first time. Similar results the 2nd time, but I was able to correct with the battery disconnect. No issues with the running of the car or any other function. Cooling fan still worked and car didn't over heat. Wife had to drive it about 30 miles home the first time it happened. 2nd time I was sitting in the driveway. No dead battery issue to date.
all i can say is, enjoy it while it lasts.......i disconnected my battery everytime it happend also but the problem would always return......good luck.