Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Make sure your airbox is secure!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Make sure your airbox is secure!

Oshkosh: If you go to the doctor with symptoms that look like cancer and he runs a bunch of tests and eventually determines it's something simple, do you throw a fit in his office and refuse to pay for his time or the tests? Just wondering...

It's also pretty insulting to automatically assume that 17 yr old couldn't be paying for his car himself. I know several kids that age that worked their butts off to pay for a car they really wanted and didn't ask their parents for anything more than assistance in getting the loan due to their age.
Couldnt have said it any better!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
backinblack68

no need to get defensive-I think he should have paid for the diagnosis, but sometimes you can save alot of time by asking questions and visually looking at the engine before plugging it in to a computer. It all comes down to there are good mechanics and bad ones-just as there are good surgeons and bad ones-I have plenty of respect for the good ones
Old 11-03-2007, 08:58 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

Oshkosh: If you go to the doctor with symptoms that look like cancer and he runs a bunch of tests and eventually determines it's something simple, do you throw a fit in his office and refuse to pay for his time or the tests? Just wondering...

It's also pretty insulting to automatically assume that 17 yr old couldn't be paying for his car himself. I know several kids that age that worked their butts off to pay for a car they really wanted and didn't ask their parents for anything more than assistance in getting the loan due to their age.
1) this is not a doctor, i bought this car from the dealership, yes they did do work searching, but at the same time i make monthly payments for this car and i would like them to help me take care of it.

2)how can a 17 year old legally pay off a car? there are limitations on how much a 17 year old can work, most places won't pay a 17 year old very much, let alone enough to pay for a car + insurance.

3)i will save money however i can, i dont totally disagree with what you all are saying about how i should have to pay for it.. but i dont get why i cant get some support here like no one else here tries to save money..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 AM
backinblack68

ok, now you are not making sense.A 17 year old does his own oil change to save money-since he obviouslycan't earn enough to go to a service station right? Maybe you should do the same if you "want to save money" like the rest of us -don't make assumptions. Maybe his dad did buy the car -who cares? bottom line is he saves money changing his own oil-so do I
Old 11-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I do 100% of my car's service, my truck's also. But dont you think twice I wont be taking her to the dealership when something fails. I get along great with service guys at shops becuase I understand what their job is and where they are coming from. I have found that you will usually get alot better workmanship from someone whose work is appreciated and understood, than if you were to give them grief all the time about it.

1) this is not a doctor, i bought this car from the dealership, yes they did do work searching, but at the same time i make monthly payments for this car and i would like them to help me take care of it.
So I guess if you were to buy a house from someone and made monthly payments on the house, that you would expect the realtor to help you take care of it? I know where your coming from trying to save all you can, I am the same way, but ya know I always beleived that we owners are the ones ultimately resposible for our property, if we cannot repair the property ourselves and get someone to do it, we are responsible to pay as well. Whether its gettinga mechanic to fix our car or a carpenter to fix our house. Sorry to rant dude but this subject is close to home to me I guess because I have always worked in service industry like my father, grandfather and uncles, mechanics is in my blood.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
backinblack68

It's cool, I understand; coming from the medical field , I run into the same problems-it is not always an exact science and we get blamed for situation that we did not cause-I liken auto mechanics to surgeons , and have alot of respect for them -when they are honest