Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new cai/tune owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: new cai/tune owner

your stupid.

you'd need atleast a GT500to run from a meteor. You may get away from godzilla with an FI V6 but definately not a meteor.

I dont get it, how does the tune change the exhaust tone?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh okay, I agree with all your comments, but for me, its just not rational at this point for me to have a faster car than i do. I'm 17, have only been driving for a little over a year, and it is just far too tempting to go fast now, and I can not imagine it with more hp/tq. So until I grow up a little, or if I start going to the track, I'm gonna stick wehre I am, and for now gonna get some new appearance mods, a/v stuff.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

your stupid.

you'd need atleast a GT500to run from a meteor. You may get away from godzilla with an FI V6 but definately not a meteor.

uhhh....i think it was a joke dude.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

hes turning on his former 4.0'rs
Old 11-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Praline
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

your stupid.

Well, not the tune itself that changed the exhaust note, but the intake itself definately changed it. Not as aggressive a sound. More mellow? Hard to put into words. Could just be that it's geting colder around here, too.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Praline

Could just be that it's geting colder around here, too.
good point.....although i dont know if its actually true. kinda makes sense how sound would be affected a little bit in colder denser air environemnts compared to a warm dry air environment. any scientists/physicists want to chime in on this one? [8D]
Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
sopenco1
1st Gear Member

well i think the sound waves resonate more due to that they are hitting more condensed air particles than when its dry thts all i can think of without doing any research( jejej too lazy) but i have experienced this effect. My car sounds louder in the morning when its cold, than on the day it is really hot and it quiets down. I live in El Paso so weather changes really sudden.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

yeh okay, I agree with all your comments, but for me, its just not rational at this point for me to have a faster car than i do. I'm 17, have only been driving for a little over a year, and it is just far too tempting to go fast now, and I can not imagine it with more hp/tq. So until I grow up a little, or if I start going to the track, I'm gonna stick wehre I am, and for now gonna get some new appearance mods, a/v stuff.
i understand your point completely but its not like a tuner/cai is gonna give you gobs of power. its simply a solid (not outrageous) performance improvement. several things feel better about the tuner/cai than just the increase in numbers. until you drive a quality tuned 4.0, you'll understand why so many of us are happy with the mod. i simply LOVE the responsiveness and strong pull. that alone makes me satisfied with the upgrade.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
sopenco1
1st Gear Member

btw anybody out there rich enough to contribute to the give money to a poor 17 year old that wants a C&L and tuner but hes to poor to afford it foundation??
Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sopenco1

well i think the sound waves resonate more due to that they are hitting more condensed air particles than when its dry thts all i can think of without doing any research( jejej too lazy) but i have experienced this effect. My car sounds louder in the morning when its cold, than on the day it is really hot and it quiets down. I live in El Paso so weather changes really sudden.
really?.....i was kinda thinking the opposite. colder denser air would muffle the sound a bit and warmer less dense air would allow sound to travel faster and sound louder.......i dont know, haha......damn, its easy to get off topic in these forums

Quick Reply: new cai/tune owner