Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Super Sad now about my accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Super Sad now about my accident

ORIGINAL: optras

I'm kinda upset myself. My girlfriend decided to drive my car from her friend's back to my house (two blocks) without adjusting the seat. She's about ten inches shorter than me so she probably should've done it. When I met her back at my house she was sitting at the table by my porch not even looking up. I asked her what happened and she told me she hit a two foot tall curb and trashed my rim and my tire was completely messed up. She actually thought I was going to get violent or something. I told her it was just a car, it wasn't a big deal and the tire was fine, had a VERY small gash in the outer wall but I drove 300 miles on it tonight and it's fine and the scrape/scratch in the rim got dremeled out by me earlier today. She's ok, I'm ok, my car still runs and that's what matters. Now she doesn't want to touch my car. I consider it a personal win.
Haha...My girlfriend has NO desire to even sit in the drivers seat.

Woot!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

my fiance doesnt know how to drive a stick...my car is a stick, you think that is a coincedence? hehe

my truck is a automatic btw so its not like she doesnt have anything to drive.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

there are a few cops that are active on this forum, Dennis074.0 being one of them. Maybe they can help you out with advice. good luck.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

If you were rear ended, it's only logical that your car would be pushed into the car in front of you. If the car in front of you was pushed by you, they would hit the car in front of them.....especially if you are all very close like in a traffic situation. So, if the person behind you had not of hit you, you would have not hit the car in front of you making you not guilty.
All things point to the person who started it.....the car behind you. However, I would get a lawyer to represent you in court. Sometimes the most obvious things turn out so differently when there are crooked lawyers involved.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

yeah my parents got a lawyer... for the whole situation... but yeah hopefully it all turns out well... cuz thats the other two cars infront of me argument that I didnt brake in time and i hit them.. then another car from behind me hit me then I hit them again. Accidents are sooo stressful Im actually scared to drive my mustang when I get it back from the shop
Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: proper

yeah my parents got a lawyer... for the whole situation... but yeah hopefully it all turns out well... cuz thats the other two cars infront of me argument that I didnt brake in time and i hit them.. then another car from behind me hit me then I hit them again. Accidents are sooo stressful Im actually scared to drive my mustang when I get it back from the shop
Don't be scared to drive again. Just be more cautious and always make sure you are not ever following too close. Most accidents are caused by that. Even when I'm stopped at a traffic light with cars in front of me, I leave a gap. Too many people are always in a hurry and like to ride your rear end....I let them be the ones to make that dreaded mistake while I keep a good space between me and the car in front of me.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Don't be scared to drive again. Just be more cautious and always make sure you are not ever following too close. Most accidents are caused by that. Even when I'm stopped at a traffic light with cars in front of me, I leave a gap. Too many people are always in a hurry and like to ride your rear end....I let them be the ones to make that dreaded mistake while I keep a good space between me and the car in front of me.
good rule of thumb is leave enough gap to see the entire rear tires when in traffic.