Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need expert help!!!!2005 v6 dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
JimC

Default RE: need expert help!!!!2005 v6 dual exhaust

ORIGINAL: capitalautomall

ORIGINAL: JimC

Take a look at your muffler hangers at the back of the car. How close are they to the bumper support? I had a vibration similar to yours and it turned out that my driver side muffler was back just a little too far andthelast hangerwould touch the metal support. Adjusted the system so that the muffler was further forward (and the tips were evened out much better also) and no more rattle or vibration.
thx to your all post and i have some ideato tell my mech when they take a look again tomorrow. very helpfull tips
and one more thing is that my driver side muffler are lower then my passage side one. people at the other muffler shop said thats the highest they can go. because there is no room for the v6.
from what i think it might be the pipe that is connect to the engine. something might be installed worng or hitting the bottom of the car. i think i should take some photo and post it here tomorrow.
by the way what im dealing with right now is really bad vibration. i feel like the whole dash and seat are vibrating. but what i dont understand is why it happen when the car just warm up. when im on idle or slow trun. i can go up to 105 on highway with no vibration or any rattle.
Mine only seemed to be a problem once everything warmed up - and we figured it was probably just the system heated up and expanded enough that the last hanger hit the support for the bumper. When it was up on the hoist you could really see the difference in the hanger position, but when cold it wasn't touching anything - but the marks were evident.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

i had a problem with a rattle (metal on metal) under my gearshift also. when i had midas lift it up for me they found that the hangar that the Xpipe was using was making contact with the frame of the car. they chopped it off and welded it back on a littlefarther up the pipe towards the engine and it all stopped. dont go through ford. they'll rip the **** outta ya. 2400 is rediculous. anyways... that was my prblem with my exhaust. anyone who has a similar sounding problem should check that out. it took me almost 2 months of searching on and off to finally find it.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 AM
capitalautomall
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

i had a problem with a rattle (metal on metal) under my gearshift also. when i had midas lift it up for me they found that the hangar that the Xpipe was using was making contact with the frame of the car. they chopped it off and welded it back on a littlefarther up the pipe towards the engine and it all stopped. dont go through ford. they'll rip the **** outta ya. 2400 is rediculous. anyways... that was my prblem with my exhaust. anyone who has a similar sounding problem should check that out. it took me almost 2 months of searching on and off to finally find it.
That's very nice u have the problem solve. i have bough mine to meinke. spent $150 and they did nothing to fix my problem. the new shop that im goin to now they said i need new pipe and new muffler. becuz the old pipe been ben to many times. im thinking to go with borla system. what ya think?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

borla is nice stuff, but i wouldnthave the new pipesunless you can have multiple shops say thats true that you need a new pipe. usually once you get the duals installed all enyone ever does after that is change the axlebacks for different sounds. i personally wouldnt trust what they say if theyre telling you you need new pipes, unless yours are physically breaking apart (which i doubt). i'd say they were trying to scam some money out of you. a shop we took my dad's 'vette to tried to install some cheap-*** $20 mufflers when we told them to order Flowmaster 40's. some places can be pretty underhanded (we wouldnt have figured it out if we hadnt came to check on the car) and are always trying to get the extra dollar out of you, so just be careful and make them show you what theyre talkin about. and if they wont, then i'd take my business somewhere else if i were you.