Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I Need 300rwhp+ (how?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I Need 300rwhp+ (how?)

yeh one thing with nitrous is that you can easily just make your engine go capoof, especially if you push it too far.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Well the only reason i chose turbo over and intercooled sc is beacuase if i am going to do this (and i am) i am going to get the better performance (esp. torque, gotta love that). "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races." Carol Shelby.. by far one of my favoritequotes.

As for install a friend of mine is quite an experienced mechanic (he has actually restored a couple mustangs), and id trust him to most jobs, installs, etc. So im hoping i can throw him a few hundred, learn a few things, and have myself a fast car.

Anyone in Arizona know of any good shops to get a Dyno Tune?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 AM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

I just wanted to comment on the solution of GT with a tune. Before committing to F/I, I was looking into that idea and found that we would be lucky to get trade in of 13-15 Kand mine is an 07 pony package with less than 3K miles. In order to get an older GT (05-06) with at best 10K miles you are looking at 22K. You could do better with a higher milage GT (closer to 20K) but you just don't know what condition it would be in. So in the end you are looking at a trade in of 7-9 K out of your pocket. With super/turbocharger on our sixers and a good tune we will be making more power than the GT. just my thoughts on things. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackstang14

I just wanted to comment on the solution of GT with a tune. Before committing to F/I, I was looking into that idea and found that we would be lucky to get trade in of 13-15 K and mine is an 07 pony package with less than 3K miles. In order to get an older GT (05-06) with at best 10K miles you are looking at 22K. You could do better with a higher milage GT (closer to 20K) but you just don't know what condition it would be in. So in the end you are looking at a trade in of 7-9 K out of your pocket. With super/turbocharger on our sixers and a good tune we will be making more power than the GT. just my thoughts on things. Good luck and keep us posted!

Absolutely .... generally going from a V6 to a GT car means throwing lots of money in depreciation out the window so the upgrade costs more than the difference of the cost of the cars. I'm going with the X-Charger and will still have less money in my car than if I had bought a GT in the first place.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:54 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

ORIGINAL: blackstang14

I just wanted to comment on the solution of GT with a tune. Before committing to F/I, I was looking into that idea and found that we would be lucky to get trade in of 13-15 Kand mine is an 07 pony package with less than 3K miles. In order to get an older GT (05-06) with at best 10K miles you are looking at 22K. You could do better with a higher milage GT (closer to 20K) but you just don't know what condition it would be in. So in the end you are looking at a trade in of 7-9 K out of your pocket. With super/turbocharger on our sixers and a good tune we will be making more power than the GT. just my thoughts on things. Good luck and keep us posted!

Absolutely .... generally going from a V6 to a GT car means throwing lots of money in depreciation out the window so the upgrade costs more than the difference of the cost of the cars. I'm going with the X-Charger and will still have less money in my car than if I had bought a GT in the first place.
Think down the road a little, though. You'll take a depreciation hit when you trade it, that's correct.

When you install a turbo or supercharger you've depreciated your car significantly. Very few people will want to buy you're car if you ever trade it in. I've seen supercharged GT's on the board for as a little as $22k. Most people (like me) won't touch a car like that with a 10 foot pole, considering the kind of a abuse it must have taken.

Not to mention that you'll have to come up with the money for that kind of mod at once, or worse yet stuff it on a credit card.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

If you are the type of person that needs a new car every 2 years ... then modding anything is not very smart unless you like burning money. Modifications are always better to unbolt and sell seperately if you get rid of you car. The used Mustang market is already pretty saturated so your gonna lose money on it anyway ... might as well enjoy it ...

But if you trade your V6 for a GT you are getting a double hit ... depreciation on both .... plus any interest you paid to the bank ... you can't unbolt depreciation and try to make some money back on it ...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:04 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

I am planning on keeping this car for a long time. I only put about 8000 miles a year on the car, maybe 10000 at most. So I am not worried about a gt. I love my car, and am planning on running it into the ground (not abusing it, but just keeping it untill it dies. So i am going to turbo it, and damn it, i am going to enjoy it.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

+1 to what nonstopred said. dont go with nitrous oxide. it eventually runs out, and can easily f**k you over. stay with a reliable form of f/i. and the thing is, once your turbo or s/c or whatever you choose is on, youre done (with exceptions of minor maitenance) and the power is on tap 24/7and you dont have to worry about runnning out and having to fill up your bottle.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:23 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Honestly I have never taken NOS seriously, or ever considered it, especially in everyday cars. "It gives you awesome power at a lower price" but most people dont realize it runs out, and like you said can really screw your engine over.

About the GT:
Also I am a young driver, so my insurance is already high because it says MUSTANG in big letters. Even though its a six, apparently a ton of crashes occur each year with this car, so a GT would double it, beleive me I ran the numbers (I really wanted the v8). That is the main reason I bought the six, I would have paid for TWO GTs (paying for the actual car, and then insurance for just under 6 years). That would not be a smart financial decision.

I am secure with my decision of the turbo.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mignella254

I am planning on keeping this car for a long time. I only put about 8000 miles a year on the car, maybe 10000 at most. So I am not worried about a gt. I love my car, and am planning on running it into the ground (not abusing it, but just keeping it untill it dies. So i am going to turbo it, and damn it, i am going to enjoy it.
that brought a tear to my eye. I plan on keeping mine for a long time, but not til it dies. I won't let it die. I think one day I'll just have it stored away in my own lil showroom.

Quick Reply: I Need 300rwhp+ (how?)