Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I can't see at night!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
caffeine7

Default RE: I can't see at night!

the silverstars are great, i put them in my daughter's jetta and the lows are much better and the highs are great, 40 is alot for a pair of bulbs but worth it
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

Maybe it's a V6 thing since there are only the two headlights. I get great coverage with just my headlights and of course even better with the fogs.
I see fine at night,and I do have the PP Fogs on my Mustang, but I haven't had to use them yet.
Personally, I don't like the look of the huge fogs on the GT.....they look like the car has "four eyes."
I do like where some have installed the fogs in the outer part of thelower grill.....that makes the car look sleeker.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Then I guess they caught a bad one then because my "4-eyed" set up works well with or without the fogs. But I also don't have that so called thunk in the front end everybody seems to have. I guess one thing is true, these stangs come off the line looking the same, but apparently different.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

We do have a Walmart here. SUPRISE! Although it is I believe the worst Walmart ever created.
I'll check there for the Meguairs.
I too like the look of the fogs down below in the lower grille. That is something I am considering in the near future. Someone on here had that setup, I can't remember who?
But, as soon as I can find the bulbs, those will be the first try for better lighting.
Thanks everyone!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I went to pepboys to get the silverstars and the dude at the counter was like they dont make them for the mustang. I didnt want to get in a fight with that idiot, so I left.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:00 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

And unless I am blind the op's stang doesn't have fogs, so how does what I said apply to your car 07 Stang? I mean, would it be far fetched to think maybe the headlights on that vehicle may have a different setup from yours with pony package. Your car probably has a lot of things even my gt doesn't have like leather and stuff. I'm thinking if you have the pony package you have more options on your car, yours isn't exactly a base model V6.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

im gonna dissagree and say our stock headlights suck... thats why for last xmas i bought myself the bi xenon kit from stangmods.com a site sponser..... it gave me hi and low beams and a night and day difference...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Are headlights are actually pretty bright.. not sure what to say..
Are you serious? These are some of the worst headlights ever put on a vehicle.

PS . That should be Our instead of Are.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Rupp- how did you fix the headlight issue? or did you?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

I know you said you have good eyesite but this is just me telling my situation. Iv got bad far away eyesite. Yes i have glasses but i refuse to wear them. I did put them on and could see better in the dark(ionly put them onbecause i didnt want to wreck) but i could see a lot better at night. So thats when i came to the conclusion that it was my eyes not the headlights; however im about to buy new headlights because i recentlyroad with my friendthat has a BMW and i could see like day without myglasses and alsoso people can see me coming and i can get a better view of the road. Just to add that in i know it probably doesnt help anyone but o well im bored