Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged 4.0 or charged GT help?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharged 4.0 or charged GT help?

ORIGINAL: BlkSunshine77

You should go for the GT as others have mentioned.
And the first thing you can do is trade rear axles with me.
I'll give you my stock 3.31 06 rear axle disc to disc,
and take your t-lok, 4.10 gear equipped 05 rear axle disc to disc.

I'm local and I can even do the swap in my driveway if you'd like.

This way it won't affect your trade in value on your V6.
A trade to a used GT with low mileage shouldn't cost you much.

Before I got my 06 vert V6, I test drove an 05 Vert. GT 5 speed with lower mileage for only $2k more.
I didn't buy it due to my 60 per day commute. BTW. That was at Riverhead Ford.
I Highly recommend checking out Scarsdale ford, where I bought my car from.

They are awesome and normally have a great selection of used cars,
oh and two 07 Shelby GT's that are being sold at or a bit below MSRP at this point.
They've been sitting there since March. Just no demand for them in Westchester county.

PM me if you want to work something out.

Haven't made a decision yet, but it's leaning towards a new GT with a stick. That seem like the best option for a few reasons I can tell so far:
1. Extended warranty could cover my powertrain/drivetrain till 80k miles.
2. It is the most reliable option, even if I do bolt-ons.
3. Finally a stick!
4. I won'tget bored with it b/c I will slowly gain money to do bolt-ons to it.
I will have my decision made by the earliest april. If I do decide to do that, you don't getgears or a t-lok before then,and you can change the parts in your own driveway, I will probably give you everything for free ordirt cheap(gas money-LOL)b/c you are doing all the mechanical work yourself. Either way,the only reason I would keep my 4.0 is sentimental value and then it's supercharging time. But I really want a stick, and the new GT seems like the best option, but if insurance would be hell and circumstances fora trade in are bad, I may have to get a new edge GT. Thanksfor all the input and keep it coming! And if I do decide I am trading mycar in, I will tell anyone if they need any parts I can get rid of easy(cai, etc). Thanks again!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

personally i would probably stick with the 4.0. yeah at times i really want a stick but othertimes i dont mind. plus if i had the option of putting a centri on my car and had the funds i would in a heart beat. just rule out the new edge gt. i would get a new edge mach 1, or a termie. good luck, choose wisely!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The 5r55 has actually proven to be stronger than the manual at that track in these cars, when you compare them stock to stock. With a reworked stall, I was running multiple track seasons, all the way down to low 11's consistant and a 10 second pass. I know of stick cars that have blown up in the 13's and 12's. Don't underestimate an auto with a half decent stall, you will be surprised. Especially if you have a tuner than knows how to program the auto. My auto shifted very hard, almost like a manual and I could break the tires loose on 1st, 2nd and 3rd easily.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

I will have my decision made by the earliest april. If I do decide to do that, you don't getgears or a t-lok before then,and you can change the parts in your own driveway, I will probably give you everything for free ordirt cheap(gas money-LOL)b/c you are doing all the mechanical work yourself.
I'm free this weekend, why wait til April and hurt your trade-in value further?

The 5r55 has actually proven to be stronger than the manual at that track in these cars
SHHHH!! Stop filling this thread with facts and timeslips to prove it. He wants a GT 5 speed and will trade in his V6 to get one.
We need to reinforce his decision not question it. He'll be posting on the 4.6 forums then. Just kidding..

Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

BTW.. I couldn't even use the insurance costs as an excuse NOT to buy a GT or even a shelby, saleen or roush.
The difference between a base model V6 hardtop and a top of the line decked out Shelby GT500 'vert wasnext to nothing,
with best of everything coverage due to a good driving record and multi-car discount.. Damn you Geico and your reasonable insurance rates!! LOL
Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlkSunshine77

I will have my decision made by the earliest april. If I do decide to do that, you don't getgears or a t-lok before then,and you can change the parts in your own driveway, I will probably give you everything for free ordirt cheap(gas money-LOL)b/c you are doing all the mechanical work yourself.
I'm free this weekend, why wait til April and hurt your trade-in value further?

The 5r55 has actually proven to be stronger than the manual at that track in these cars
SHHHH!! Stop filling this thread with facts and timeslips to prove it. He wants a GT 5 speed and will trade in his V6 to get one.
We need to reinforce his decision not question it. He'll be posting on the 4.6 forums then. Just kidding..

B/c if I am keeping the 4.0 and charging it, I will need the 4.10's and t-lok. I know that our auto tranny's are strong, I just wanted a manual for daily driving and other fun. I hear it's incredibly fun driving a manual and I really want one ever since I learned how todrive it. And, if insurance isn't that bad(I am 18(that's why I'm worried about insurance)going to be 19 when this happens), it's no ? I will be going S197 GT. If worst comes to worst, where I can't get an S197GT insured, and I want a stickreally bad, it's gonna be harddeciding whether to go f/i on my car or go full bolt-on/charger a new edge GT w/a stick. Keep the opinions andideas coming! I am still looking at all my options, butwant to see what everyone else would do in my position.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

With that logic, you will be dead in no time. High School student, yes?
College student.Nice/Fast cars ismy favorite and most interesting hobby.And no I will not be dead. I am one of the safest people you can find and am very health crazy. I don't eat fast food,cake, cookies, or other deserts. I workout for 45min or more a day(weights, running, sports, etc). AndI don't drink or smoke.Plus, Speed doesn't kill, speeding and stupid drivers kill people. Speed can be harnessed properly and used in certain situations were it will be safe(clear/empty roads) and streets where no houses or people are around. I'm not stupid when it comes to driving either. I've seenmanycar crashes andaccidents andknow what can happen if your not completely aware of your surroundings when driving.
"Speed can be harnessed properly and used in certain situations were it will be safe(clear/empty roads) and streets where no houses or people are around."

Bull ****!!!! What a crock of crap. You haven't been driving long enough to even grasp the paragraph you just wrote. Street racing kills. Only idiots do it. Its always that "exceptional driver, clear, empty roads" type bull crap that gets people killed. Real men race from a dig, at a track...you should try it sometime. Dumb asses race on the street.

True story, no bull ****!!! I was on I95 with my family a few months back, driving to NC. It was 1 in the morning, and it was pretty much empty. I saw a Z06 casually pass me buy, he was by my guess only doing 15 over the speed limit...a late 90's eclipse pulls up next to him, they go from a roll. Granted no one in front of them, straight road...pretty much empty, as soon as I saw it unfold I told my wife to slow down and she did. the Eclipse lost control, he swerved, then smacked into the vette, then careened off the vette and went into the median at a angle, the car came off all four wheels and landed, the vette slowed down to a stop. This all happened right before our eyes, with my 12 and 3 year old sons in the car. It was very sureal, like watching tv. I saw both drivers get out of thier cars. They were both very lucky...

and ..both very stupid. Both thought the same stupid *** **** as I see on these boards, dry roads, straight roads, middle of the night, hardly anyone around.

The only good thing that came out of it, was my oldest son was in the back seat...and he goes a lot to the track with me. He says to me "dad, those guys are stupid" and I just responded that he was right, and to take it to the track if you need to race.

There is NO such thing as safe street racing. Now the rest of you that disagree with me, well, I will prepared to get flamed.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Stupid unthought out post.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05
I can understand highway driving being extremely dangerous, b/c anything beyond 80mph needs complete focus to handle. Highway racing is stupid, but I believe that street racing on those empty roads or streets that you've overchecked before you race are fine up to 80mphimo. I would love to race at the track, but for some of us, we don't have the time to do it, or money to go(gas and days paycheck) sometimes more than once or couple times a year. Andprobably most of us, being mustang owners getchallenged here andthere in a restaurant or on the street and like to have a little safe fun. I'm not sayingorganize an underground racing circuit, but here and there is fine. I know I will get some talkings aboutthis and that for saying this, but it's true.
And that's one of the reasons that racing at the track is safer than racing on the street. People at the track are generally more serious about racing. The price of admission and other related costs at the track willweed out those who are less serious about racing. There are simply too many unknown variables with street racing that could take your life or that of another person.

I just hope your parents don't read this thread with your view that it is OK to race on the street in some situations. They'll be buying you a Volvo if they read that!

EDIT: Actually, I think your parents SHOULD read this thread. It might prompt a serious conversation that could save your life.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

You are wrong!

Also, re-read my comment about how you haven't been driving long enough to fully grasp this. With posts like this, I really think a blower or bigger motor is not in your best interest. The fact that you think street racing is ok in any capacity shows you do not respect the power of the vehicle you drive.

If your parents read this thread, would they help you get into a FI option for your car, or a car with more displacement?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharged 4.0 or charged GT help?