Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does this sound right ? this is what the dealer said

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default Does this sound right ? this is what the dealer said

Since my accident..... i got the GT bumper so i can get dual exhaust.... the dealer knows that i wanna get two exhausts so they told me that its going to cause too much airflow in the back so they dont recommend me getting two flowmaster mufflers.... what they recommend is just using the 1 flow master and attatching a Y pipe at the end of the flowmaster so that it will be dual exhaust using one muffler ?

so basically the dealer is saying that theyll have the Catlytic Converter... then its connect the the Flowmaster Muffler... Then it is split into two and i'll have dual exhaust using one muffle
Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does this sound right ? this is what the dealer said

ORIGINAL: proper

Since my accident..... i got the GT bumper so i can get dual exhaust.... the dealer knows that i wanna get two exhausts so they told me that its going to cause too much airflow in the back so they dont recommend me getting two flowmaster mufflers.... what they recommend is just using the 1 flow master and attatching a Y pipe at the end of the flowmaster so that it will be dual exhaust using one muffler ?

so basically the dealer is saying that theyll have the Catlytic Converter... then its connect the the Flowmaster Muffler... Then it is split into two and i'll have dual exhaust using one muffle
you may lose a little low end tq/hp from duals, but if you plan on a CAI and a tune it will give you back some airflow in, so the lack of back pressure won't make a difference.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

o ic... but doesnt that seem like a weird set up to have two pipes out of 1 muffler to create dual exhaust ?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

why use a y-pipe? They make mufflers with one inlet and dual outlet...

That sounds [:'(]Never heard a V6 stang exhuast with that setup....
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Show your dealer you want these Ford Parts;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910

Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

thats what im having put on in a week or soo. already talked to the dealer and they said they could do it no prob.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

imma just stick with my reverse Y-Pipe... since i don't want to lose any HP from dual a H or X pipe setup..... Im not planning on doing a supercharger... most i'll do is cai/tune/headers/gears/tlok
Old 11-14-2007, 07:16 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

imma just stick with my reverse Y-Pipe... since i don't want to lose any HP from dual a H or X pipe setup..... Im not planning on doing a supercharger... most i'll do is cai/tune/headers/gears/tlok
It is up to you....but keep in mind the Ford parts would be under warranty. Not only that, but I think if Ford chose to use the X-Pipe set up, then they had a good reason for it.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

ive considered using a single midmuffler with dual outlets.i would like to set up dual tailpipes to get the same look that the LXs in the late 80s had where you could see the entirepolished stainless tips. thinkin a 4 or 5 inch dual wall tip.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

I had the same exact thoughts and the reverse Y is also what I installed

Quick Reply: Does this sound right ? this is what the dealer said