Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Manual Swap Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Manual Swap Cost?

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

How old are you and how much is your insurance currently? When I was buying my Mustang, it ended up being the cheapest to ensure compared to other cars I was looking at. Cobalt SS/SC, G6 GTP, Grand Prix GXP, Sky, GTO. I pay like $840ish/6mo, but I'm 24.

I'm not sure about this on V6 Mustangs, but alot of people have asked the manual trans swap question about GT's and the general consensus is that its better to just trade in and buy a manual.
I'm 18, and I'll just say my insurance is a littleover $3.5k/yr now under my own name. That's why a GT will probably be a bitch toget insured. Especially since I am so young.I might not getdo a manualswap or get a manual after all. My dadand me are getting a project 5.0 to work on, and he said I will be able to driveit whenever I want to, so that should take care of my manual obsession/fun. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Manual Swap Cost?

ORIGINAL: laserred02

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Wickerbill's pretty much right in his response to you. I am checking all my options to see what I want to do with my money in the future. I never said I was getting any of those, I said if I chose that route at the end of decision, that's what I would do. Like the supercharger thread I made, decided on going vortech h/o 10-12psi if the x-charger intercooled isn't out or is out of price rangeand I want to supercharge it. Turbo thread was to see what I would need if I chose turbo route ($1k+ more than supercharger option) and found I would probably need shimmed valve springs if I went that path. Did I post building a race mustang? I thought I wrote no more street racing and maybe hit the track once or twice a year, racing isn't really in my mind. I want a new GT, but insurance couldbe hell for me, so that is why that may not happen.And the manual swap is another option. I already put a lot of money into the 4.0 and if I want to switch to a manual(what I really want in the near future, but still not sure what to do), I wondered what it would cost. This is what I call planning, you should try it. It helps make your decisions full proof from you saying in the future I should have done that or I shouldn't have done this. Got where I'm coming from now?
Planning huh, to me it seems like some kid who doesn't plan on doing anything just talking. I saw a ton of people talk about superchargers, turbos, and what not over in the 94-04 6 cyl section and no one ever got anything. So sorry if I find it amusing that you are doing the same thing, but not just with a supercharger, but with every possible major mod, or trade-in, that you could do to the mustang. Hey thanks for enlightening me though, because before this post I didn't know what planning was. In the future I will try to make more threads about stuff I don't plan on doing.
Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? And who said I was doing all of them, I said those will be my options in the summer. Also, if you read my sig, you can see that I've already spent about $4k in parts and installation costson my car. That's stuff I said I was definitely gonna do and did. You must be having abad day, so I will just ignore your anger related negative comments.