Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my XCal2 with tunes from Brent!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
ccdguy
1st Gear Member

Default Got my XCal2 with tunes from Brent!!

Hey guys !!

I'm so blown away !! After 2 weeks, I had finally got my XCal2 tuner with 3 tunes from Brenspeed. Holly cow !! I originally ordered the 87/89/93 tunes, but after a few emails back and forth, I agreed to go with the 87/91/93 tunes. So in anticipation, I had burned all of the gas in my tank last week, and filled uop with 91 octane. I plugged in the tuner, and CRAP.... No 91 octane tune !!! [] I guess there wasan honest mistake and a bit of confusion but what can I do.... So I had decided that the 91 octane gas will have to be used up, so I've load up Brent's 89 octane tune. Can't hurt too much, I guess for now??? Well... What a difference !! First of all, all of the annoying throttle lag is pretty much gone. A few weeks ago, I had installed one of the "no tune" (RIGHT!) [&:]AFE CAIs. It gave the car more power, no question about that, but seriously put the car into a lean condition. Every time I've applied some gas (light touch to WOT) it would ping away like crazy. With the new tune, there is no pinging at all ! Problem solved. The car pulls like crazy, shifts much firmer, and hereis a stange thing... I have the CAI anda singleFord GT take off muffler. The Stang already sounded much better with the take off muffler over stock, but with the new tune, the car roars big time. The exhaust sounds much deeper and cleaner. Know what I mean? Kinda weird.... In any case, next time I have to fill up I will go down to 89 octane just like the tune and see how it runs. I might even try the 93 but from what I've been hearing I might never go back down. So is a tune from Brenspeed worth the 382 bucks (XCal2 and 3 tunes) ABSOLUTELY !!! Best mod you can make for the money !! I will try to get it on the dyno soon. I'm curious to know where I stand now, over a stock 05 V6 auto..... Way ahead of the game, I'd guess..... There.... I'm finally calming down now.... Ahhhhh, time to ready some new posts, and get my blood pressure down to normal levels... I'd drive some more, but (of course) it is raining like mad here in CT..... Peace !!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got my XCal2 with tunes from Brent!!

nice....i enjoyed my custom tunes just as much when i got mine. what a difference over stock. kinda feels like a you got a new car all over again....a high performance one of course!