Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Want to Dual Exhaust, but there's a wee problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 PM
FrenchyII

Default RE: Want to Dual Exhaust, but there's a wee problem

Ok, so my sister's husband is wanting to do this to their Mustang, as well.

I have two, flowmaster delta flow 50 series mufflers, I plan on selling them, but where are they going to need to be mounted?

In the rear, right behind the bumper? Or can they be mounted more towards the front? They are 2.25" I/O both sides being center mount.

Will these work for my brother-in-law? Or not?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 AM
oh6vee6
2nd Gear Member

I used the template from Pypes. It worked perfectly. My tech was able to cut the bumper in minutes and it came out sweet. I couldn't be happier and I am extreme lunatic about my cars appearance. Go for it!!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 AM
JimC

ORIGINAL: FrenchyII

Ok, so my sister's husband is wanting to do this to their Mustang, as well.

I have two, flowmaster delta flow 50 series mufflers, I plan on selling them, but where are they going to need to be mounted?

In the rear, right behind the bumper? Or can they be mounted more towards the front? They are 2.25" I/O both sides being center mount.

Will these work for my brother-in-law? Or not?
"Center mount" do you mean the outlet is in the center on these, or they have hangers in the center of the muffler? If so, it won't work because the bumper requires an offset. I don't think you could mount these in the middle of the car, because I don't think you have enough clearance. The Pypes mid muffler system uses a round slim muffler.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
FrenchyII

Well the pipes on these are in the middle, yes. They are just a basic Flowmaster muffler, 4" X 9.75" X 17"...

I dunno if those are slim mounts, or not... lol.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
dgv607

same with me
i got dual exhausts and i didnt wannna cut off a second slot
i didnt wanna make it look uneven or mess up in any way
Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dgv607

same with me
i got dual exhausts and i didnt wannna cut off a second slot
i didnt wanna make it look uneven or mess up in any way
Cutting the bumper will not make it look " uneven or messed up." If it did, we that have made that cut would not have done it or had it done.
The only other option is to pay for a GT takeoff or some other after market dual exhaust bumper. I didn't want to spend extra $ on that, but rather in other mods.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

I don't know why spend money and put dual exhaust on a sixer. Better mpg? Do you put on the GT emblem too?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:18 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

^ Wow nice comment... Nice to see someone is pretty smart and narrow minded. Stuck in the right lane are ya? Gluck to ya!

Anyhow, don't be afraid to make any cuts to your rear bumper. Get the template and just follow directions! Get some sandpaper to smooth out the hole when you are done or it will have those little frayed edges all around it from the cutting.

Don't spend the money for a GT bumper... someone said all this before but if you are REALLY scared, take the car over to an exhaust shop and have them install everything for you as well as cut the hole for you. Just make sure to give them the template and any directions etc.

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

duals are awesome. i cut my hole out with a Husky brand utility knife that i bought from Home Depot. blade was razor sharp and the plastic bumper cut like butter. muff shop told me i did a professional style job.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:39 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyster

^ Wow nice comment... Nice to see someone is pretty smart and narrow minded. Stuck in the right lane are ya? Gluck to ya!

Anyhow, don't be afraid to make any cuts to your rear bumper. Get the template and just follow directions! Get some sandpaper to smooth out the hole when you are done or it will have those little frayed edges all around it from the cutting.

Don't spend the money for a GT bumper... someone said all this before but if you are REALLY scared, take the car over to an exhaust shop and have them install everything for you as well as cut the hole for you. Just make sure to give them the template and any directions etc.

Good luck!
Nope, just practical when comes to a 6 banger.

Quick Reply: Want to Dual Exhaust, but there's a wee problem