Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supra engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supra engine swap?

anything with time and money, but not worth the effort or the money.. you want a high-revving turbo setup, turbo charge and de-stroke what you've got. but once again, not worth the effort or money.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samv1368

This just popped into my mind and is just a fantasy(for now)! Would it be possible to swap out the 4.0 and throw in a Toyota supra inline 6 twin turbo? I dont care how much right now or all the work i just want to know if its possible? Any help on this would be nice guys!
thanks alot!
if ur gonna throw out a stupid idea like that at least use the proper term. its a 2JZ engine. and yeah its possible. but with enough money what isnt possible?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

The thing is a 2jz will cost you a lot to put it in there. Lots of fab work, might aswell just buy a 04 cobra engine and put in our car, forget about the gt500 that weights too much.

Andrew
Old 11-23-2007, 01:42 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

You have been watching too many F&F movies [:@]
Anything can be done if you have enough money

Blasphemy...

That is the EXACT word I used whenI saw this in Tokyo Drift.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol, let me guess....you just watched tokyo drift...?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Yep, no respect for rice! MUSTANG RULES!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I had to do a double take on this one, at first I thought this was one of Steelstangs thread. But alas it was not. If you want something like a supra motor, but is still technically a Ford motor, go with the Inline 6 Ford Ausie motor (aka Falcon motor). I looked into this swap when I blew the 4.0 a second time pushing the envelope. Only thing that held me back was dealing with the lead time on parts (being Ausie based). But acording to my shop, it would generate an insane amount of HP and TQ turbo'd and would be on par with a Supra motor.

For most though, if you want more power, the simplest route is boost the 4.0, or trade it in and go with a different Mustang (I'd love to get my hands on a Mach1).
Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Hey, I just got a big idea!
What if I lift the hood of a Supra and take an after thanks giving crap onit's riceengine?
Will that make it faster?
Yep, no respect for rice! MUSTANG RULES!
The supra motor is not some lag boosted civic. Its actually pretty bullet proof in stock form. I'm not a fan of imports, but have learned to respect the ones that can actually perform. Imports that can be dangerous in the right hands are...

-custom built up 240's (real easy to build them up and get good ET's from them)
-Skylines
-Supras
-STI's
-Evols

While I can't stand the looks of the cars above, they do perform very well. Luckily by the time I tangled with the above cars at the track, my car was heavily modified and able to win.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

What's up with this inline turbo 6 crap? Just BOSS it if anything! Geesh!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:10 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I realize that Sam's question might evoke some nasty replies, but he isn't some n00b trying to troll up trouble. He's just asking a question.

Sure, you can install ANY drivetrain you want in YOUR Mustang. But it will be expensive, and in the end you will have a fast car that nearly everybody has little respect for. As Rygen said, there are other alternative motors that could generate similar power gains and still give you a "WOW" factor when you pop the hood. And having folks say "wow" is much better than saying "why?"

Quick Reply: supra engine swap?