Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fellow Mustangers, I need your reassurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fellow Mustangers, I need your reassurance

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

has anyone installed the Ford Racing dual exhaust package yet?
Hoping to get mine installed within the week. I have been working 70+ hrs a week and havnt had the time to install. Been sitting in the shop for a month and its killing me....but I be damn if let anyone else install them, let along pay for it.
haha.....damn wick, you're torturing your stang! your car's patience is being tested to the MAX!! [8D]
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

haha,

Some time tomorrow (or maybe Monday) I'm gonna go order all the parts for my dual exhaust (JBA stainless H, Borla Stingers, hangers, all that fun stuff) and I figure with the install it's probably gonna run me a good $1300 or so.

It's not a super expensive mod, but given that it's basically just for some sound improvement (I have a single Flowmaster AT on right now) and that nice balanced look for my Mustang's booty, I've been spending a lot of time humming-and-hawing about the purchase.

So I'd love to hear from anyone who has duals about how great they are, and what a worthwhile upgrade they were, and how they'd be worth $1,000,000 to put on!

If you have any negative opinions or regrets about doing so, keep those to yourself.

Please, lay it on!
i LOVE my duals. you DEFINITELY WON'T REGRET having them once you get em. the only thing you might regret is paying TOO MUCH. my install costed me $100. my whole exhaust kit was about $500. i see that you're getting borla's and just the jba pipes but is it really that costly for you? what vendor are you ordering from?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i LOVE my duals. you DEFINITELY WON'T REGRET having them once you get em. the only thing you might regret is paying TOO MUCH. my install costed me $100. my whole exhaust kit was about $500. i see that you're getting borla's and just the jba pipes but is it really that costly for you? what vendor are you ordering from?
Agreed. I still haven't pulled the trigger on this one just debating whether it's worth the cash I'm going to blow. My vendor is Mopac, which is unfortunately the only vendor in town (Edmonton, Alberta) which sells Borla and JBA stuff. As for all the custom h-pipes and everything, it's not gonna happen since apparently no one in my entire city has a mandrel bender, so my only option is to order pre-bent pipes.

Here's my cost breakdown (as quoted from Mopac):

Borla Stingers: $620 + shipping = $700
JBA H-pipe: $479 + shipping = $580
Hangers: $50 + shipping = $70
Install: $100 (just a guess considering all they'd have to do is cut the old exhaust off and weld the new one on)

Total: $1450-ish.

And that's if I do the bumper cutout myself. Yikes.

The look and the sound is great, but I'm not sure if it's $1400 great. I'll probably just have to flip a coin or something.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i ordered my setup from v6mustangstuff.com and had my local shop install the kit. try online vendors for ordering your parts. it will be MUCH cheaper.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i ordered my setup from v6mustangstuff.com and had my local shop install the kit. try online vendors for ordering your parts. it will be MUCH cheaper.
haha, I actually asked v6mustangstuff and ninosport about ordering their JBA h setup, and apparently it's too big to ship with any of the normal couriers (UPS, FedEx, etc) so they said I'd have to get it shipped up as freight, and it would probably be a $300 shipping bill (which puts the prices right in line with my local vendor.)

Thanks though.

I definitely want to go after some duals, just basically have to decide if now is the right time to blow the moo-lah on it or not.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, i guess it does sorda add up then. i didnt realize how pricey the borla's are. if borla's are what you really want, then you should take the plunge. after its all done, you might forget about what u paid.

OR, have you seen this kit?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910

in case you didnt already know, Borla makes Ford Racing muffs. They are top notch.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Ordered the pypes performance e-mission legal set-up. Sounds AWESOME, looks GREAT.

To each his own,

-PB
Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
linesma
2nd Gear Member

Sancho805 - Thanks for the info. I have been debating doing this mod myself for a while now. I am still in the pricing stage.