Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Default Totaled?

Well guys I haven’t even owned my very first Mustang for six months yet and have only been on here less than a month and now I think it is totaled. I ordered my Black Premium 4.0 Pony Package straight from the dealer with every option I could check in the book.

Yesterday was my only day off this week and I was doing some work around the house when I decided to take a break for lunch. I was waiting at the intersection for my light to turn green. Once the light turned green I proceeded across the 5 lane intersection. About halfway through something caught my eye outside my passenger window; it was the front end of someone else’s car. Some old fellow blinded by the setting sun stated that he never saw me or the light, he never braked or anything.

I actually felt bad for the guy. I guess because he wasn’t some young kid speeding through an intersection instead, he just had trouble seeing. Doesn’t make my situation any better it just makes me feel bad to be angry at the guy.

I’ll try to post some picks and see what you guys think
Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Totaled?

Sorry to hear that man
Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

From what you said he didnt brake at all and hit you smack in the right side. Your car took the hit pretty good, I expected to see the stang almost in two. From my very unofficial opinion I wouldnt say its totalled. Main thing is that you werent hurt. We can always get another stang, just not another you ya know?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, that’s what my girlfriend keeps telling me; luckily I was in the car by myself. If I had a passenger or was hit on the driver’s side it could have been much worse. I don’t have a police report yet so I have no idea how fast the guy was traveling but the speed limit is 45 on that road. That road is also very busy during the 4 – 6 rush-hours and I’m sure he was going faster than 45. He never hit his brakes and hit me solid in the passenger door. So I guess you can use my experience to show how well Ford has constructed these cars to insure the safety of the passengers.

I guess on the bright side I haven’t invested a lot of money on mods to loose them on a jacked up estimate. The only bad thing is; I have never seen body work bring a car back to its original condition. There is always different paint colorations over the years and most of the time things never line back up right. The difference is that guys that do custom work take pride in their work as if it was a rolling advertisement of the craftsmanship. Most run of the mill body shops just want your money and to get you in and out ASAP.

So with that said if anyone knows in their opinion the best in the western KY area let me know. This isn’t coming out of my pocket and I want the best working on it.

Thanks for all your support.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
CTSTANG

Thought i'd let you know my accident was very similar and i too only had my mustang for less than a year before my accident happened. I'll post a pic of my car, the door was intact after the accident but was removed for further inspection. Looks like yours may be totaled because mine was also and a lot of welding may be necessary for your repair. Best of luck man, and everyone is right, your ok and that really is all that matters. http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7164612tv0.jpg

Old 12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

While theres no way to really tell without taking a good look at the car itself, but I wouldn't say it's like 14-15 grand of damage. Wait to see what the estimate before you start to worry.

Well, unless your frames bent. Then your screwed.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

That makes me so sad to see a pony in such a state. I'm really sorry. Glad you're ok.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ouch that sucks man, i got a little dent in my fender and i almost cried, i can imagine seeing my car like that, i might breakdown, glad to hear you're ok though, hope everything works out for you and it gets fixed or you get a new stang
Old 12-04-2007, 05:37 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

First off, I'm glad you are ok!

Second, that really sucks to have your new stang crushed.

Third, rememeber, he hit you so his insurance company is at your beck and call. You DO NOT have to take it to their shop, and make sure if they don't total it that you demand OEM parts not aftermarket crap, also you want to find the most reputable body shop in your area and have them do the work with OEM parts. Regardless of what the insurance company says if you demand OEM and not aftermarket they have to do it.

Finally, the car held up really well for a 45 mph impact, but then again it has really high crash test ratings. If I was you I would hope for it be totaled and have them buy you a brand new 2008 with similar options. They come standard with side airbags now which is always a plus if you have another wreck.

Anyways best of luck and keep us updated.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Oh man i would die glad your ok man! Hope everything turns out good for you in the end!

Quick Reply: Totaled?