Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New owner questions

ORIGINAL: Ratrodder85

Thanks guys. I like the eleanor grill for sure, but I would prefer the lights further apart.
How much was the sequential kit?
Another question, where is the best place to buy GT takeoffs? I think the first thing I will do (after removing the tape stripe) is get GT rocker panels and possibly stripe the top.
I got mine from Diversified Marketing. Rockers and GT pkg.

The whole GT appearance package was 199 and came with 2 GT mufflers (they areSTILL in the box!!).

Too bad you're 1000 miles away...

My wife agrees with you on the light spacing, she doesn't like the GT500 spacing either.

I like them together above the airdam on the Cervini front end. Just a little too pricey for me.

SOHC
Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Ratrodder85
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

I got mine from Diversified Marketing. Rockers and GT pkg.

The whole GT appearance package was 199 and came with 2 GT mufflers (they areSTILL in the box!!).

Too bad you're 1000 miles away...

My wife agrees with you on the light spacing, she doesn't like the GT500 spacing either.

I like them together above the airdam on the Cervini front end. Just a little too pricey for me.

SOHC
What was included in that appearance package? Just the rockers and GT takeoff mufflers?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:53 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

You'll grow to enjoy the pony package grille, I wouldn't change mine out for good. If I ever went V8 appearance I'd probably want to be able to go back so I'd just box up my pony grille if I ever did. The headlights in the V8 grille sometimes look obnoxious sized to me. But it's just a matter of what you want, I'd suggest getting V8 takeoff front and rear bumpers and you'll need to get fender wells from your dealer for the front, those should be fairly cheap. And you can put the V8 takeoff mufflers on but you'll need to get some sort of h pipe for under the car, just go to ford racing and buy the whole thing if you want it to be simple. Otherwise do a little looking to save money. I would suggest just having a local qualified muffler shop install that and the bumpers you should be able to do your self or you can find a local body shop that will install them for you.