Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

If I get the pony package....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: If I get the pony package....

ORIGINAL: ReaperGT

wow the flaming here is really rediculous today. I understand it is not something that you would do to your car but since the car is mine and i paid for it, i should be able to do whatever i want to it as long as im happy.

Oh this is nothing, You must have skin as thin as rice paper.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:09 AM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

So what if the guy puts cobra emblems on his v6.... I just wish I could be there when he pulls up at an autoparts store and a few guys ask him to pop the hood on his cobra ....What happens then kid ????? ROFL
Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
oh6vee6
2nd Gear Member

I don't think anyone is saying that you can't do what you want. But I think what is trying to be said here (through some flaming) is that in any car community you will find that misbadging a car to try and be some other trim level without actually being at that level is considered wrong by most people. You wouldn't badge a MOPAR with HEMI emblems unless it was a HEMI would you? The same goes for our cars. There are plenty of ways for you to make your car look fantastic without posing. If all you got is a V6, EMBRACE that. Don't try to be something or someone you aren't.

p.s. This is NOT a flame. Just education.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ok, when you find an 18 year old that can afford to buy the gt500 by himself and afford the insurance as well,. Let me know, Id love to meet him and see him crash it
What does you being 18 and not being able to afford a GT500 have to do with posing as a Cobra. How many V6 or GT guys could afford a GT500 with the market adjustment? Not very many, so I guess we should all go out and put Cobra badges on the car? Seriously, I gave you a link to a very reputable site that makes badges for the V6 guys, be proud of what you have and stop trying to be something you aren't. You can personalize the badge and the owner of autobadges is known to have VERY good customer service and quality products.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I'd rather know why he's paying for a pony package and then ripping nearly everything off that is a PP appearance mod???? I'm sure if the PP grill andfender badges are gone so is the sidestripe.Makes no sense. Get a base V6 loaded with the options that you want and mod it from there.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Cause the rims on the v6 suck and the ones on the pp are tolerable. Also I like the pedistal spoiler way better than the lip one. However while i do like the pony badges, I do not care for the grille and lights
Old 12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

fail
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

umm to my knowledge you cant get the pedistal spolier on an 08 unless its a GT, when i was at the dealership they sat that little "lip" was new for 08(or maybe 07/08) PP because i was saying how i didnt like it and would rather the one that comes on the GT. unless ofcourse they just do it for you anyway if it means the difference in the sale.

i however didnt press the issue because i knew no matter what spolier comes with it, id end up repacing it with an aftermarket at one time anyway
Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up fallout. I will definitely look into it. And Seano, I dont see how I fail but w/e. Nonetheless I think the pp is a hell of a value for everything it comes with
Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ok, when you find an 18 year old that can afford to buy the gt500 by himself and afford the insurance as well,. Let me know, Id love to meet him and see him crash it
Congrats on the pony

I don't see any reason to be ripping the fogs off. I like the look, but I also like the look without them as well. I wouldn't care either way. If you wanted the V6 performance package without the fogs, you should've looked for a slightly used 05 instead of a brand new one that you might gut the first week you have it.

And you're making the 18 year olds like myself look bad here. I have no aspirations to put cobra badges on my car...first off, its not cobra, second, its a few cylinders short of a cobra engine, and third, its a couple hundred horses short as well. We may not be able to afford a cobra, but that doesn't give us the right to **** and moan about wanting one. I want a Corvette, but I'm not putting that logo on my car.

We paid for a pony car, and thats what we got. Its got running pony logos on it, so be thankful just for that. Most kids our age are stuck with this

Quick Reply: If I get the pony package....