Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

my nooby question thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: my nooby question thread

ORIGINAL: MuscleAmericano

also..........is there any way i could get my v6 to sound like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dg4NX27YT...eature=related

please.....say it can haha
pretty much no chance seeing how that is a GT...and NOT a V6.
you gotta learn when looking at video clips that a. they are always louder in person and b. no exhaust on a GT will sound the same on a V6...so yeah.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07

you gotta learn when looking at video clips that a. they are always louder in person and b. no exhaust on a GT will sound the same on a V6...so yeah.
if you forged the internals, upgraded the cylinders, put some good headers on there and a whole other slew of things it will sound really good. But it'll only sound like a really good V6.
Shoot for something more like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45WWwCvjMY
Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Hmm.. I'm sure theres a How to for Cold Air Intakes somewhere.. but its reallly easy to figure out..
So basically, once you buy a CAI, you will need a tune for it (since the amount of air coming in to the car will be changed..). I personally recomment a C&L CAI.. but I am biased.. since I own one.
I bought a used one off Ebay and it works perfectly..
As far as installing this goes.. its most likely the easiest under-the-hood mod you can do.
When you pop the hood, you will see a large black box on the drivers side, and a hose that runs from it to the middle of the car.. this is the air filter and components..
To remove it from the car, simply find the right size ratchet and remove the one bolt from the drivers side fender.. with the bolt removed the airbox should pop right off.. you also need a flathead screwdriver to loosen all the joints, like the ones connecting it to the throttle body. Finally, you have to disconnect all wires from the airbox.. its as simple as pulling them off (gently).. once the whole unit has come off, you can remove the chip from the airbox and put it in the new CAI.. then put the new CAI in the way you took the stock box off and you are done.. I know this is confusing.. but its easy once you are looking under the hood.

As far as a tuner, if you buy an Xcal 2, you can purchase tunes that go with your mods and load them on through the port next to your steering wheel (by your left knee when you sit in the car).

^^^original

^^^ C&L CAI

Good luck.

PM me if you have any ?s.

FM
Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: optras

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07

if you forged the internals, upgraded the cylinders, put some good headers on there and a whole other slew of things it will sound really good. But it'll only sound like a really good V6.
Shoot for something more like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45WWwCvjMY
right, all in the name of exhaust ....anyways...don't use reference to SN95 mustangs...they have completely different exhaust setups the S197 model... they have mif-muffs, we have axle-backs...all the rules are different now. Of course, pypes now has the mid-mufflers, but I have yet to hear their system on a V6...heard it on a V8 and it sounded pretty damn good.
Plain and simple, on the S197 it is near impossible to get a V6 to sound like V8 but for under 1k and not forging internals and all that crap you can get a really, really good sounding V6