Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

havent been around much...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:38 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: havent been around much...

ORIGINAL: rmays06

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro
ORIGINAL: rmays06
Clay, seeing as you want a beast, no one can make this choice for you. You are on your own. Several people have given you options here. So in other words you want a dependable Monster that you can set boost and change pulleys. COOL man, I wish that was my only worry.
Part of Modding a car is fixing it when it mess up, seeing as you break the integrity of the factory workings you now must repair you upgrade from time to time, and lots of people fail to realize that. If you mod it will need repairs. [ul][*]1st read what sancho said, your going to be in college dude, if you don't have the resource to fix a car then it should be a transportation car....PERIOD.[*]I don't have the resources to completely replace a block or tranny right after spending the cash on a 5k F/I setup. Look at whatever his name is with the red turbo car (sorry cant remember ur name) he JUST got the PH turbo on recently, and as far as i know hasn't been to the track...blew his tranny. that's what 100% of the manual tranny turbo guys that have blown their tranny's? The point is there are MANY stock supras, goat's, evos, cobras, etc. making well over 400++whp without major issues and the chances of seeing drivetrain issues other than the small usual problems with some of these choices are extremely low even in high hp applications.[*]2nd Why do you need to go farther, way farther, you've never even been to the track so are you going to have a 500WHP car for the street?[*]I haven't been to the track for one reason- I'm not 18 and my dad is very busy so the drive out to lapeer has been hard getting him to do, but i turn 18 in february.[*]3rd you group yourself in with Fazm, Buck, Rygen and a few others but you didn't mention that they all had Juice when they did the damage! Not one of them really shed motor parts while driving around a college campus. It was all track and heavy Noz too.[*]fazm wasn't on the juice when he blew his tranny, neither was rygen when he blew his motor and his DID blow when he wasn't making a run. Joe's blew when he wasn't on the track, and others have blown in street driving situations, which is what i am trying to battle. I know i am not always going to be 100% safe, but trust me when i say the chances of blowing a 4.0 at ~350-400whp are FAR FAR greater than blowing a 4g63, a 2jzgte, or an ls1 at those power levels. Hell a stock 4.0 probably has a greater chance of having issues than an ls1 at those power levels.[*]4th what about a Cobra or Mach 1?[*]I've thought about cobras yes, but i haven't looked into the insurance on them yet and im assuming its insanely high, but i don't know yet. [/ul]

If you think you are going to be able to mod any car the way you want for less than a stock GT you are out of your mind, any car is going to required upgrades to a huge extent. You are talking about GOOOBS of power and fail to realize that most stock cars care for 350-400 at most. AT MOST!!!!!
Dude do what you want but your going to school and have TONS of time left to F- around with a turbo or S/C'd car. Enjoy the girls and... in Colorado a Mustang is going to be very uncommon compared to Michigan. They don't have one around every corner. Very uncommon, wouldn't it be awesome to say YEP I have a S/C V6 mustang capeable of running 12's any day of the week and oh yep....its my daily driver tooo....That kinda **** don't happen in Colorado you be very unique.

I understand what you are saying, but again you have to realize running high 12's in a 4.0 is as safe as running low 11's ls1, late model 4g63's, the 2jz supras, etc. And that is 90% of the reason i am upgrading. I don't plan on just tossing on ~600whp mods all at once on any car i get, the point is i can go there slowly and safely with these other cars. With an ls1, hell i could do a nice cam, then some heads, some long tubes, etc. (not in that order) and make GOBS of power while still maintaining very reasonable reliability and without introducing the element of forced induction. Then later down the road if i want built the bottom end. The problem with the 4.0 is there is almost no potential n/a power wise, and when you introduce forced induction to an n/a car, you are playing a dangerous game. With big displacement motors and strong motors built for forced induction stock, there is far more safe potential you can release with the stock drivetrain and way more you can do. I just don't like the idea that basically after 45 minutes of modding time i've reached the (almost) power potential of my car without dropping gobs of money into it and do i really want to put another ~7k into the car, when i could be making 400whp in an ls1 with more time in the garage (alot of the fun) and WAAAAYYY less money? personally, i just don't think so at all. I know exactly why i am doing this and i am 100% satisfied with my reasoning behind it, and i feel it is the smarter way to go about things, i was just asking for reccomendatiosn because there may be some cars i have overlooked and should put some research into things. The fact that it takes me so long to decide on these things should give you confidence that i do think a TON about them and trust me i'm not looking to impress everyone on woodward, or the girls because everyone at my school wants me to keep my car, but **** 'em it's not their car. You guys need to understand that this is one of my only hobbies and i am not going to stop, so im going to do it the best way possible, which is absolutely not sticking with the 4.0.
Like I said I wish this was my biggest worry in life.
1. To me you need to mature a little but all of us old guys say that, 2. but you have knit picked every idea some one has thrown at you. So go on to college with your EVO or SUPRA and have just another car, its a college car for god sake there is no hobbies in college. Its partying or books, so that exucuse is lame as well. 3. I don't care what you are driving 400WHP will cause you repairs.
You honestly think that 13's is a slow 1/4 for a V6? 4. Every other car you've name is F/I yet you don't want to do that with this car? I don't understand. Scrmin hit 12.8 w/ HO vortech, Nav has A VERY SOLID 13.01 with his X charger, Buckman hit 12's with only his turbo (blew it with 100 shot later) That wasn't 7K worth of work thou....not even close. Have they all had rear end problems? You bet this 7.5 isn't going to hold, nor will most front drive axles either.

Well man you got it figured out, good luck to ya! I don't think you'll find what your looking for becuase there is always another road to take. The grass is always greener and with your 4.0 right now you hit a good 200HP, its got a warrenty and is dependable. Put the $3700 X on it and and you got 280HP that is solid and dependable, 5. but I guess some people no matter where in life are never pleased!1. Look out RICER scene here comes CLAY!
1. well to say the least... im surprised and confused here. I am far from a ricer, if you actually knew what that meant you would know that, and as far as rice goes, your car is by no means rice, but considering i have absolutely NO exterior mods, and specifically went single exhaust to make sure people knew it was a v6, you are ahead of me in the rice game, but nice try at insulting me ron that really shows your maturity.

2. I haven't nit-picked ideas. You didn't give me any ideas. You told me i am wrong, and that i am making the wrong decision, when in reality, i absolutely garuntee you all the people you just listed would agree that for my situation i am making the right c
Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i made this thread because i actually have RESPECT for some of the members here, and wanted their ideas and opinions. If you are butt hurt because my parents have enough money to buy me a few nice things to support my hobbies and possible future careers and you think im a spoiled brat, that's your problem and obviously you don't know me very well.

i'm having this thread closed because this is turning into some honda forum bs.

seriously guys...there is news about the new steeda v6 having the x-charger on it, and there is only one reply...and you spend 15 minutes arguing with me about how im making a stupid decision and im a "ricer."
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Well before the thread closes I'll just say that if you didn't always come off as such a know it all and showed a little humility people wouldn't be giving you so much crap. You've been flip flopping for over a year about FI and you do nothing but talk about it. Saywhat you're going to do and do it. That one piece of advice is what I'll give you as a parting gift; it will serve you well.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Well before the thread closes I'll just say that if you didn't always come off as such a know it all and showed a little humility people wouldn't be giving you so much crap. You've been flip flopping for over a year about FI and you do nothing but talk about it. Saywhat you're going to do and do it. That one piece of advice is what I'll give you as a parting gift; it will serve you well.
sorry if i come off as a know it all. Never thought i came off as not having any humility, but i might i guess. just try to share ideas and learn.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

wow, this really turned. As long as I've been around 8cd has been a helpful contributor to this forum. Maybe if this wouldn't have been posted at the same time as steelstang's post, it wouldn't have gotten a bit ugly. 8cd is not steelstang; I think he has thought this through a lot and thinks his stang isn't the best option FOR HIM at this point in his life; to each his own. And as far as flip-flopping about FI: it's kind of a big decision. That's a lot of money. Not everyone can just bite the bullet and do it. You have to weigh ALL the options before making a decision like that. Like he said, he had respect for the members of this forum, and that's why he asked for helpful suggestions. I sure hope if I make a decision to get rid of my 4.0 for something else someday I don't receive some of the above comments.

So as for the point of the thread: Clay, am I getting this right? You want something that is FWD and therefore better in the snow, and also capable of some bigs numbers? I hate supras, but I do have respect for them. If I were you, I'd go with an STi and mod that sucker to put out the numbers you want.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

wow, this really turned. As long as I've been around 8cd has been a helpful contributor to this forum. Maybe if this wouldn't have been posted at the same time as steelstang's post, it wouldn't have gotten a bit ugly. 8cd is not steelstang; I think he has thought this through a lot and thinks his stang isn't the best option FOR HIM at this point in his life; to each his own. And as far as flip-flopping about FI: it's kind of a big decision. That's a lot of money. Not everyone can just bite the bullet and do it. You have to weigh ALL the options before making a decision like that. Like he said, he had respect for the members of this forum, and that's why he asked for helpful suggestions. I sure hope if I make a decision to get rid of my 4.0 for something else someday I don't receive some of the above comments.

So as for the point of the thread: Clay, am I getting this right? You want something that is FWD and therefore better in the snow, and also capable of some bigs numbers? I hate supras, but I do have respect for them. If I were you, I'd go with an STi and mod that sucker to put out the numbers you want.
thanks basketball. Im just waiting for this thread to be closed, but i am not looking for fwd. That's a step in the wrong direction in every way except winter traction. I'm looking at some rwd cars and awd cars, but rwd cars that can handle snow decently. i've always had a love of supras because they are just so illusive and scary when you see one, but that is probably not one of the best choices you're right. A lot of people have told me to go sti and it does seem like one of the best choices, thanks for the input.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i like my idea better:
sell your stang, buy a pickup, work during college, think long and hard, make your choice, decide if it was all worth it. some comments made on here were about you growing up a bit which is what college will help you do, whether its partying or hitting the books. you are covering your immaturity with your car knowledge even though you dont realize it. again, nothing personal and this is no bash. just something to think a little about. also, you been here long enough to realize that a thread like this was going to generate responses like it has. as soon as i first read it, i saw what was coming. instead of taking all the responses as chin checks, think about some of the points we are trying to make. even ron's point. one more thing, as much as you seem to know about cars, you should be telling us what you already did, not what you can't decide on. maybe you should have asked this question in a more general car forum. its like one yankee fan asking other yankee fans which other team jersey he should switch to. you should know what to expect. immature or not, thats life!