Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Last Thread: What luxury car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Last Thread: What luxury car?

I expected some negativity, so that's ok. And I forgot to tell you, if I got the Caddy or Lincoln I would have the extended bumper to bumper warranty with them. I think their both up to 80k miles or more. So that should keep me car maintenence/expense free for a few years with those options. I thought about the suspension things, but I will never be able to have my car handle like any of these cars unless I throw a lot of money in(which I can), but I will be sacrificing ride quality than. I want ride quality, handling(even the big cars on the list handle great), comfort,safety, and luxury.I know repairs will be expensive, but the cars have good build quality(if their not a lemon) and I will have a couple thousand dollarsfor repairs spare off the bat. Insurance isn't thatbad, since I am goingfrom a sports car(I call it) to a safer and oldercar. I already checked rates online(estimate thing) and they are near identical to what I'm paying now.

Please don't makeyour option keepthe stang, I already went over that in my mind.Keepyour ideas coming, I just want to know what everyone would do in my position, I already have made a choice, I'll tell you guys that in a day or 2.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

to be honest and non-negative get the lincoln. my dad has an LS V8, it is fast, comfortable, and handles great. If it comes with a warranty then there is no question that that is the car to get.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

.........unless I throw a lot of money in(which I can).........
dude, you should know i've been pretty lenient with you and all of your threads. i've even defended your posts once in awhile, even if they were repetitive, since you were never negative towards anyone personally. i seemed to give you the benefit of the doubt since i dont know you personally.......BUT, i'm starting to see what kind of kid you are and i think i've lost any respect i had for you. You're obviously a rich spoiled kid who has no idea of how to value what you have. statements like the one above says it all. to me, that demonstrates the arrogance you have financially and the lack of reality in your world. if i'm wrong on this then so be it, but this is exactly what i'm starting to see from your posts. good luck with your "luxury" car and i now believe the root behind all this is to flaunt your financial status since the stang is inferior to your standards. sorry if this sounds like a bashing but this just my honest opinion. nothing personal .
Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Keep your ideas coming, I just want to know what everyone would do in my position, I already have made a choice
Then what was the point of this thread?????
Old 12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hataap

Then what was the point of this thread?????
hahaha.....good point!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

just like most of his thread, pointless
Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

I’m with Sancho, I don’t want to personally attack anyone on here but I want to know what your definition of a luxury car. Really I wouldn’t consider any 3 series BMW or any C class Binz luxury. Those cars are for people who want to own a BMW or Binz and don’t have the money to by the real thing. So many kids today want what their parents have and never consider that there parents are 20 years older than them and have worked hard for what they have.

I think what the real issue here is, the Mustang is a Ford and Ford Motor Company does not produce “Luxury†automobiles. I think this really boils down to a name and most girls under 25 have the same mentality. They don’t care if you have a 20 year old BMW it still is a BMW.

Like I stated earlier, I could have bought any of the before mentioned cars but I fell in love with this body style as soon as I saw the first one. A friend of mine was selling his 2003 525ci and was asking half of what I paid for my 07. It really comes down to what you want and buying a used BMW or Binz for the name, well that is all you’re going to get. If you’re looking to impress people with the name of your car then you are to attract those simple minded people that care nothing about you only the badge stuck on your car. They are no different than the people that ask us 4.0 guys why we didn’t get a GT or the ones that you were complaining about earlier.

Instead of standing out from the crowd by driving in my opinion the best mussel car in the 21st century you are sacrificing your ride for something that fits in with the crowd with that ricer mentality. Now if you had said you were expecting a child and were looking for something with more room, then I would back you 100%. I just don’t see the value in your reasoning or your justification for trading in something with value for a name that will cause you more problems in the future.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

hmm.. why not an M3?? luxury brand + speed

also, the new 135i is coming out..

however, on a more serious note, i havent voted because the cars listed just dont fit me :T
Old 12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

It's your choice of course, but this is probably the wrong place to seek such advice.

Sorta like asking your friends the best way to commit suicide. They don't want to see you do it at all.....
LMAO
Oh and u should buy a GT500
Old 12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

This guy is an idiot!
he is buying a luxury car for better handling? WTF, while they have a bit of it built in no one buys a car like you have listed for Handling....you are a numb nut!

Please don't makeyour option keepthe stang, I already went over that in my mind.Keepyour ideas coming, I just want to know what everyone would do in my position, I already have made a choice, I'll tell you guys that in a day or 2.
I don't think anyone cares, no one has given you an idea they really just want you to leave.

@Sancho great post he has no respect of clue.

Quick Reply: Last Thread: What luxury car?