Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why is it that.....

Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why is it that.....

i wanna say something too........gt fogs look good and if you got them on your sixer, you are NOT a poser .....hehe....i think i ruffled a few feathers with my comment about how gt fogs on sixrs are borderline posers. i thought about it a lil bit and realize that my opinion just stems from the fact that i'm proud of my sixer and dont want people to think that its an obvious GT. my duals have, however, produced some confusion with random folks who ask about my ride. they usually ask me if its a special edition because they dont see any "GT" emblems or fog lights. i just felt if i at least had the gt fogs, people would automatically assume its a GT. basically, mod ur car how you want and whichever way makes you happy. variety is always a good thing, no matter what our opinions are........sorry if this is off topic but just had to clear things up a bit
Old 12-17-2007, 07:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I know I post more here in the 4.0 section than in the general discussion thread. It seems here, I feel less of a threat being belittled by the model of car I drive.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

ORIGINAL: tdaddy

Well I don't care if someone decides to get rid of there mustang. But I think it's inapropriate to post about what to get insteadon a mustang tech forum. It obiviously gonna turn into a flame war.Goto the OT or another forum and post. Read some reviews from a respected auto journal (edmunds) and decide for yourself. Imao
Lol nobody should have to go their with a real question, some of the stuff in there is ridiculous(idk how to spell leave me alone[8D]) Don't even go to OT unless you have a good sense of humor, it gets pretty bad down there lol But if you fit it there pretty cool there

I probably post more in the General S197 section just because there is more to talk about and more threads but i stop by here when there isnt stuff that interests me in the Genreal Discuccion thread.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:57 AM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

i agree ron. That being said, i am selling my stang to get a mitsu eclipse spyder in baby blue, i need more power than my little 4.0 mustang can give me.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i wanna say something too........gt fogs look good and if you got them on your sixer, you are NOT a poser .....hehe....sorry if this is off topic but just had to clear things up a bit
Thanks....

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/FFCFD143B0BD4775A8C0276DB5B47A36.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

In general the 4.0 V6 crowd around here is pretty tight and sticks together. We have a common bond as mustang owners and a slight underdog mantality being V6 owners. As A197 owners we own a great car, that handles well, responds to mods awesome and is plenty powerful enough. This car won't set the track on fire but really gets you were you wanna go in style and will get in and out of traffic easy.

Why is it that we come in to this side of the forum and ask for "permission" to buy another car or get rid of the Mustang for something "better" or more "power"?
I've seen a few thread recently asking if its ok to get another car or "should I switch to something else".

I guess my point of this thread is just to say hey guys, enjoy the car you have, come here to learn some great info and have fun chatting poeple up. This bond we have created is cool but no one owes anyone else anything around here. So I guess this is an apoligy for any wrong words I may have used and harsh comments I've made.
Enjoy the car hobby!
If this was directed at me at all, I forgive you and thanks for saying sorry for your harsh words. And I agree that you should enjoy what you have if you don't have enough money to buy a better car. I know that getting rid of my mustang means leaving a brotherhood, but I can live with that and maybe one day I will rejoin you if I want a sporty car with a nice engine again.
But if you have more money, and want a better/faster/etc car, get it! You only live on this earth so long before your times gone and a F/I stang can only last so long and will become very costly in time. Do what you want, but think before you make decisions. Unthought through decisions have bad consequences. I am going to be getting a NewChrysler 300b/c I will be able to afford it through a3 yr financing loan with payments under $300a month once I get some nice downpayment moneyfrom sellingthe stang. I chose this carover the stangfor a fewreasons:
1. I will now be able to seat 4-5 of my friends comfortably inmy car instead of 2.
2. I will now have extra cargo room to carry some golf clubswhen I decide to go withcouple friends.
3. Gas milage for such a big car isn't that bad.
4. Taller car means more visibility of the road with a better ride(less bumps and less feeling of the road like sporty cars).
5. More comfortable seats w/now seat warmers for the winter.
6. 250HP and 250Torque from the 3.5 litermeans I can still have a little fun if I feel the need at all.
7. Lifetime Warranty means ultimately no maintenence costs for a while.

As you can see, I think I made the right decision for me. And when I said I wanted a luxury car with a less sporty suspension, for some reason you suggested to me the mach 1 and cobra [&:]. That seems a little confusing, because I never heard of cobra's and mach's being know for their ride quality(joke).That's just a little hint from me to please stop suggesting Ford's whenever someone is looking to get a new car. Ford doesn't have the greatest cars, and like 8cd03gro said, he wanted something that could handlea lot of power, and a drive excellent in the snow. Anyone who's smart and unbiased against other cars would think ding ding, STI/EVO AWD plus insane turbo capabilities. Only problem with those cars are their small interiors for a 4 door though. And if he wanted to stay american, he would need aBIG car to handle well in the snow if he's notgoing awd and those choices right now would be a GTO or Charger. I did this to try and help 8cd03gro b/c his thread's closed.

On to the mustang I'm giving up.For a 2 door sporty car it's a nice starting point for mods, power, price, fun,and reliability. GT or V6. I no longer wanta car in thatdepartment so I did what I did. And like 8cd03gro needs a car that can handle better than a Stang and be able to take more power than a GT while spending low 20k's, a used GTO,Charger R/T, STI, or EVO will easily do the trick. The mustangs a nice car, but like all cars it has limitations. Happy Holidays andGood Luck withyour GT and Good Luck everyone else with their car plans and lives!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:51 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

...I know that getting rid of my mustang means leaving a brotherhood...

...I am going to be getting a NewChrysler 300b/c I will be able to afford it through a3 yr financing loan with payments under $300a month once I get some nice downpayment moneyfrom sellingthe stang. I chose this carover the stangfor a fewreasons:
1. I will now be able to seat 4-5 of my friends comfortably inmy car instead of 2.
2. I will now have extra cargo room to carry some golf clubswhen I decide to go withcouple friends.
4. Taller car means more visibility of the road with a better ride(less bumps and less feeling of the road like sporty cars).
6. 250HP and 250Torque from the 3.5 litermeans I can still have a little fun if I feel the need at all.

On to the mustang I'm giving up...
Whoa, did I miss something? You went from wanting a FI or full bolt-on to a 3.5L Chrylser 300????

By the way, my payment for my GT is only $300/month. And I'm sure you'd have more money than I put down from selling your Mustang.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i wanna say something too........gt fogs look good and if you got them on your sixer, you are NOT a poser .....hehe....sorry if this is off topic but just had to clear things up a bit
Thanks....

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/FFCFD143B0BD4775A8C0276DB5B47A36.jpg[/IMG]
haha....no prob.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

If this was directed at me at all, I forgive you and thanks for saying sorry for your harsh words. And I agree that you should enjoy what you have if you don't have enough money to buy a better car. I know that getting rid of my mustang means leaving a brotherhood, but I can live with that and maybe one day I will rejoin you if I want a sporty car with a nice engine again.
But if you have more money, and want a better/faster/etc car, get it! You only live on this earth so long before your times gone and a F/I stang can only last so long and will become very costly in time. Do what you want, but think before you make decisions. Unthought through decisions have bad consequences. I am going to be getting a NewChrysler 300b/c I will be able to afford it through a3 yr financing loan with payments under $300a month once I get some nice downpayment moneyfrom sellingthe stang. I chose this carover the stangfor a fewreasons:

As you can see, I think I made the right decision for me. And when I said I wanted a luxury car with a less sporty suspension, for some reason you suggested to me the mach 1 and cobra [&:]. That seems a little confusing, because I never heard of cobra's and mach's being know for their ride quality(joke).That's just a little hint from me to please stop suggesting Ford's whenever someone is looking to get a new car. Ford doesn't have the greatest cars, and like 8cd03gro said, he wanted something that could handlea lot of power, and a drive excellent in the snow. Anyone who's smart and unbiased against other cars would think ding ding, STI/EVO AWD plus insane turbo capabilities. Only problem with those cars are their small interiors for a 4 door though. And if he wanted to stay american, he would need aBIG car to handle well in the snow if he's notgoing awd and those choices right now would be a GTO or Charger. I did this to try and help 8cd03gro b/c his thread's closed.

On to the mustang I'm giving up.For a 2 door sporty car it's a nice starting point for mods, power, price, fun,and reliability. GT or V6. I no longer wanta car in thatdepartment so I did what I did. And like 8cd03gro needs a car that can handle better than a Stang and be able to take more power than a GT while spending low 20k's, a used GTO,Charger R/T, STI, or EVO will easily do the trick. The mustangs a nice car, but like all cars it has limitations. Happy Holidays andGood Luck withyour GT and Good Luck everyone else with their car plans and lives!
this all sounds reasonable and dandy. just curious how long it will last....hmmm...[>:]. good luck.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I am going to be getting a NewChrysler 300
Just outa curiosity, why didn't you consider the Dodge Charger? It would satisfy the things you listed, yet it would cost less. Plus, you can get AWD with the 3.5L, and then there's the optional V8's to make them even more fun to drive (the V8's are pricey though).

Regardless, best of luck to you with the new 300.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why is it that.....