Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why is it that.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why is it that.....

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

Just outa curiosity, why didn't you consider the Dodge Charger? It would satisfy the things you listed, yet it would cost less. Plus, you can get AWD with the 3.5L, and then there's the optional V8's to make them even more fun to drive (the V8's are pricey though).

Regardless, best of luck to you with the new 300.
He'll probably come on here tomorrow or next week and say that he changed his mind and is getting a Charger instead. And if he ever does get a LX car, he'll be on one of their discussion boards asking about how to run FI or full bolt-ons on a 2.7L or 3.5L.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05
I am going to be getting a NewChrysler 300
Just outa curiosity, why didn't you consider the Dodge Charger? It would satisfy the things you listed, yet it would cost less. Plus, you can get AWD with the 3.5L, and then there's the optional V8's to make them even more fun to drive (the V8's are pricey though).

Regardless, best of luck to you with the new 300.
First I'd like to say thanks everyone for the support!
2nd, I chose the 300 over the charger because I don't want a body frame that will get people reving at me and wanting to race. I said that in my other thread. The 300 is ultimately very close to the charger and will be great! V8 is a no-no though b/c of insurance and monthly payments. Thanks for the idea though!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

its the same frame, just different shell. same performance, just slightly less aerodynamic. and they might still rev at you. i raced a chrysler 300. v8. smoked me in the straights. but thats all we raced on, he never took a curve cause he knew a 4200lb car doesnt negotiate them well. lol.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

@steel stang this was not meant towards you either but if you want it that way cool!

Yes there are great cars out there but to me the Mustang is the car for me. If I wanted I'd keep my V6 and have a great handeling and pretty powerful low insurance car. I chose to get the V8 sound back, I miss it. THis new one coming up will be by 5th stang and for me the S197 (V6 or V8) is everything Ford needed to put into a car. Is it perfect? No but its head and shoulders above the other cars I've owned! Do I want more power, ALWAYS but there are limits and I want a safe car too. Like Clay I don't have the option to be wrenchin on a car all the time. But hell before this I've never gone drag racing and with a lil V6 I got a great time with a totally streetable car that can drive RIGHT home with. I didn't even have to change the tires. I was in a few magazines, won a trophy and had/have a GREAT looking car. I didn't need or feel the need to get my friends on the MF's premission to get a new car. Iwent and did it. Iteven shocked my wife!!!!

My point of this thread was just to say, do what is best for you in life and with your ride! If you want a Luxury ride, cool enjoy it but don't ask me what I think, I might say the truth!
BTW if you hit the other threads and parts of this forum things arent' always so nice or tactful and take not of this fella's!!!! They call the S197 the big fat luxo mustang! The call us arrogant and snobs too....

To everyone, good luck with the decision you make with your car, whatever choice YOU make!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

merry christmas. is that avatar your wife?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

LOL God I wish its the Speed channel girl!

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

merry christmas. is that avatar your wife?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

I LOVE YOU GUYS!lol
Old 12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

hahaha....dont let her read this thread .
Old 12-18-2007, 03:18 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

OF course not!! LOL

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: rmays06

hahaha....dont let her read this thread .
Old 12-18-2007, 03:55 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I love the mustang family too and Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!! (there is alot of love in this thread)....and whats up Ron? Did you get your car yet? Cant wait to see it in person next year! Later J

Quick Reply: Why is it that.....