Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brand new high performance adder

Old 12-19-2007, 02:42 AM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Default Brand new high performance adder

Hi every one at mustang forums I have an important question. In my stock 2006 sick I am sure I could find places that sell aviation fuel and or jet fuel and I’m sure that I could fill up a two or four gallon canisters that I have at home to mix in with some 87 in my tank. The reason I ask is I remember my 11th grade science teacher telling me that some of his student would add a couple gallons of witch I can’t remember if it was aviation fuel or jet fuel to there tank on race days. So 2 years later at the present time I was just thinking about trying it out to see if I could get a performance kick from this trick. Does any one know if its aviation fuel or jest fuel that I need to achieve a performance kick. Also will this damage my engine if I only mix in like two gallons or four? Please any one that knows about this because curiosity kills the cat every time and I’m am getting ready to do this tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:55 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: aviation fuel or jet fuel

This is basically just increasing the octane of the gas. It should have a similar affect to running racing fuel....I am not sure how similar... You will probably want to figure out what level octane that will bump you to, then go to a tuner and get a tune for that level of octane. It will give you a bump in performance. However, you will not see much difference unless you retune.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 AM
ortcele
1st Gear Member

Yes I am serious Check my profile I have been registered to this forum for over a year.I am a collage student on a very tight budget and don’t even any have any extra cents for a c.a.i. or anything like that. But if my science teacher told me that some of his students wear able to pull it of than why wouldn’t I be able to do it. I just want to be able get some more response when I step on it on a safe open stretch of road with no cars aroundin a responsible way. And i dont haave money for a tune so does that mean that it wont work whith out a tune?
And is it aviation fuel that I need or jet fuel?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:14 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

I didnt doubt whether or not your are serious. Older cars that didn't have lots of engine management could easily take to the jet fuel, but the newer cars will not respond like you would expect. For example, I assume you run 87oct on a normal basis. If you put in 92oct, do you feel a difference in power? (The answer is no, there is no difference in power for our cars.) You need the retune to make much, if any, difference over the stock tune.

As for the type of fuel, I am not sure at all. I dont recommend it at all.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

+1, butrunning jet fuel might give you a better 1/4 mile time. it will lighten up your wallet alotso there is some weight reduction lol. but in al seriousness i wouldnt waste your money on jet fuel. if anything just get some race gas(110). but like chris said without a retune your car wont magically gain lots of power, you need to re tune the car to run it and get power out of it.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

DON'T ever use jet fuel which is basically kerosene. Aviation gas without a tune is not going to do a thing. Plus some aviation gas might still have lead in it. You car buy race fuel at most tracks. You need to get a tune to make even 93 octane gas work right. A computer tuner will work wonders with our cars,such asvmp,bama,brenspeed and more. If you can't afford it,don't try OLD tricks!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Brand new high performance adder

ORIGINAL: ortcele

Hi every one at mustang forums I have an important question. In my stock 2006 sick I am sure I could find places that sell aviation fuel and or jet fuel and I’m sure that I could fill up a two or four gallon canisters that I have at home to mix in with some 87 in my tank. The reason I ask is I remember my 11th grade science teacher telling me that some of his student would add a couple gallons of witch I can’t remember if it was aviation fuel or jet fuel to there tank on race days. So 2 years later at the present time I was just thinking about trying it out to see if I could get a performance kick from this trick. Does any one know if its aviation fuel or jest fuel that I need to achieve a performance kick. Also will this damage my engine if I only mix in like two gallons or four? Please any one that knows about this because curiosity kills the cat every time and I’m am getting ready to do this tomorrow.
what your teacher forgot to add was when you dumped in some av fuel, you also bumped up the timing. You can't do that in your car unless you have someone tune your engine computer. The only thing octane does is prevents pre-ignition or detonation. So older cars would knock with low octane fuel if they ran too much timing. They'd bump the timing up to race when they had av fuel. More timing, more power. Your engime management system won't increase timing. Save your $$$ for something else.

Jet fuel is basically high grade kerosene. Don't use it.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
resolutionny7

ORIGINAL: my first mustang

DON'T ever use jet fuel which is basically kerosene. Aviation gas without a tune is not going to do a thing. Plus some aviation gas might still have lead in it. You car buy race fuel at most tracks. You need to get a tune to make even 93 octane gas work right. A computer tuner will work wonders with our cars,such asvmp,bama,brenspeed and more. If you can't afford it,don't try OLD tricks!
Exactly as he said it im an airline mechanic and jet fuel class a and b are mostly kerosene. Aviation gas has lead in unless you get 100LL which is a bluish in color which is Low Lead but still you will mess up your engine over time using those fuels. Most likely you will not see any power boost from these fuels at all trust me we had a huge discussion about this topic with my old teacher i do not recommend doing it.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: resolutionny7

ORIGINAL: my first mustang

Exactly as he said it im an airline mechanic and jet fuel class a and b are mostly kerosene. Aviation gas has lead in unless you get 100LL which is a bluish in color which is Low Lead but still you will mess up your engine over time using those fuels. Most likely you will not see any power boost from these fuels at all trust me we had a huge discussion about this topic with my old teacher i do not recommend doing it.
+1
Jet fuel is basically kerosene [:@]
Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Brand new high performance adder

Heres a good link on avgas and Jet-a. might clear things up a little....and yes any modern PCM controlled car can not effectively use any fuel other than what it is tuned for. avgas or jet-a would be bad for our ponies....

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/es...uel/Tech21.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new high performance adder