Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Want to replace my muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:39 PM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Want to replace my muffler...

Unfortunately, I didn't check...I though a muffler was a muffler. Do I need to be worried if it came from a manual (my car is an auto)? Is there a mechanical or performance issue caused by the mismatch?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

If anyone stuck a big bow on my Stang, I would be mad.
Thanks for the pictures varifying the difference.

When I read what you wrote above, I thought, "Bow, what bow?" Then it hit me.....the picture in my sig.
I bought my 2007 Stang almost one year ago (Dec. 23, 2006). The dealership let me take that bow home so I could get photos of the two vehicles I bought that day. The bow was in their show room sitting on top of another Mustang. It doesn't have a sticky side, but I made sure I was very careful placing it on the hood not to scratch it.
The Stang was a Christmas present to me....from me.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Yes I set them side by side (eBay seller sold me an Auto muffler
and claimed it was a M/T muff) and they are different.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/FF7A973E92E9414A8455022151A2FF1E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/20D1086950D748AAB1CF3D6CC35F7442.jpg[/IMG]
i'm guessing the manny muff is the one with more vents? is the auto muff designed to be a bit quieter? just trying to figure this thing out logically [>:].
Old 12-21-2007, 01:58 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805
i'm guessing the manny muff is the one with more vents? is the auto muff designed to be a bit quieter? just trying to figure this thing out logically [>:].
I always wondered that too. Perhaps the auto muffler is designed to be a bit quieter since the automatic will typically be running at a higher (noisier) RPM than the manual and you can't really change that with a shift like you can in the manual?

I dunno. Weird.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:45 PM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

When I read what you wrote above, I thought, "Bow, what bow?" Then it hit me.....the picture in my sig.
I bought my 2007 Stang almost one year ago (Dec. 23, 2006). The dealership let me take that bow home so I could get photos of the two vehicles I bought that day. The bow was in their show room sitting on top of another Mustang. It doesn't have a sticky side, but I made sure I was very careful placing it on the hood not to scratch it.
I know it's off subject of the original thread, but greetings from a fellow Vista Blue Pony Package purchased on 12/23/06 as well! Oddly enough, mine was also a gift from me
Old 12-21-2007, 02:47 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

Yes I set them side by side (eBay seller sold me an Auto muffler
and claimed it was a M/T muff) and they are different.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/FF7A973E92E9414A8455022151A2FF1E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/20D1086950D748AAB1CF3D6CC35F7442.jpg[/IMG]
Manny more vents, yes, yes.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07PonyVert

I know it's off subject of the original thread, but greetings from a fellow Vista Blue Pony Package purchased on 12/23/06 as well! Oddly enough, mine was also a gift from me
Oh cool! My Mustang has a TWIN!

Not to be off topic, but how many miles are on yours?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 AM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Unbelieveably - I just broke 10K on 12/24. Figures that on my first car that isn't a lease, I manage to keep the miles extra low!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Unbelieveably - I just broke 10K on 12/24. Figures that on my first car that isn't a lease, I manage to keep the miles extra low!
I believeyou 'cause I only have 2900 on mine now. It's not my DD, just for pretty days.

Now Buckshot Barry has one just like ours too and I'm willing to bet he has the lowest miles. His car is a garage queen!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

Unfortunately, I didn't check...I though a muffler was a muffler. Do I need to be worried if it came from a manual (my car is an auto)? Is there a mechanical or performance issue caused by the mismatch?
I don't know but i wish someone would answer you. Im planning on getting a gt takeoff in a few days too

Quick Reply: Want to replace my muffler...