Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:32 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Default V6 True Duals

Ok believe it or not this is going to be my very first bolt on upgrade to my car. My question is, what items are needed and what needs to be done to a V6 Mustang in order to have true dual working exhaust?

I have recommendations on the exaust tips + muffler kits to get, but I wanna know if X or H is better, what headers, and anything else I might need.

A list would HELP.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:43 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 True Duals

What would be BETTER? There's always something better. What's the budget?

You're gonna need some jacks and stands that is for sure...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Hah thanks for that bit... Uhh well I was kind of hoping for something around $800-$1200 tops (shipping included... installation can be variable or included.)
Old 12-22-2007, 01:51 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Ok for the info on V6 duals... make haste to ---> https://mustangforums.com/m_1183819/tm.htm

I am pretty sure that all the knowledge you seek lies within...

Also since it IS your first mod... for future reference

GO HERE --- > https://mustangforums.com/m_2147886/tm.htm

I would personally go with an H-Pipe and the sound mufflers of your choice (not sure what kinda sound you want).

I have a single MRT Aeroturbine... some say it sounds kinda ricey at higher rpms but I love it... it sounds more of a euro road racer at the highest rpms. Going through one of the tunnels here in town, I scared the hell out of about 3 cars when I punched it at the green light through the tunnel... I even saw a car swerve in the rear view mirror when I passed lmao. It wasn't intentional, but I did have my windows down and just wanted to see how loud my car could get through there :P

It has a nice muscly rumble to it at idle or normal driving.

Here's a link again for mine... This video has the most closest sound to what it sounds like in person. It is that deep and does scream when it's at WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlbWScTjSM

That was for the single MRT... don't have one for duals...

For other sound clips click on that first link I gave ya!

For a whole H pipe w/ mufflers setup you are looking at FROM @ around $450. Someone just got a sweet deal in here on their Duals (JBA i think they were). I've since checked out numerous sound clips on those and they sound pretty damned good. They aren't the most expensive of the crop either.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:55 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah, you could also get take off GT mufflers and an X-Pipe and the whole setup would be around $350 or so... pretty damn cheap!
Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyster

I have a single MRT Aeroturbine... some say it sounds kinda ricey at higher rpms but I love it... it sounds more of a euro road racer at the highest rpms. Going through one of the tunnels here in town, I scared the hell out of about 3 cars when I punched it at the green light through the tunnel... I even saw a car swerve in the rear view mirror when I passed lmao. It wasn't intentional, but I did have my windows down and just wanted to see how loud my car could get through there :P
+1 on the MRT AeroTurbine. I love mine. I don't know if I'd get duals with it since it's so loud, but for a single I haven't heard anything that beats it, in my opinion. Mine sounds exactly like the one in the video Xyster posted, both interior and exterior. It definitely gets the car looks.

In any case, if what you want is great sound then get an H-pipe. If it's performance you're after, get an X-pipe. The X will enable you to have better backpressure for when you need to get on a highway or are in a sitation where you need to punch it (I get into those situations a lot ).
Old 12-22-2007, 02:37 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

If you want duals, do not go for MRT's, they sounds BAD when paired (they are even iffy for a single). Personally, I would recommend to go with a pre-made set. You never know what can happen with custom setups. I think the best, in descending order, are:

Stainless Works full exhaust
FRPP Cat-Back
Stainless Works Cat-Back
JBA Y-Pipe Cat-Back(waring, you will probably have to buy Ford hangers)

The difference between the X and H pipes are negligible. The Y pipe is preferable for N/A cars though.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:23 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Here... get this exhaust... LMAO jk jk :P

You'd have to get a few other things as well lol but it's still pretty bad @$$ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsKvr...eature=related
Old 12-22-2007, 03:45 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Also the MRT Aeroturbines dual'd up probably are gonna need some resonator of some sorts if that is the case on the sound... An H-pipe would balance out the sound a bit and the resonators would hopefully cut back on any drone. I'm happy with the single but want the look and sound of the dual. I may do it the cheap way and get some take off's :P lmao Best of luck!

*edit*

Also don't be confused between the MRT Muffs... They have the Aeroturbine and another one. The other is a little cheaper (someone here has duals, I think it's screamin) of that version. I haven't seen any dual MRT Aeroturbine v6's on this forum yet.

You won't ever get a v6 to sound like a v8... because it's a v6. However, you can improve the sound drastically by changing out pipes, headers and muffs to get a nice deeper richer tone. It will probably sound like the hottest thing coming down the road in my opinion. Why put duals on a v6? Why not? Why put a supercharger on a GT or v6 or change out leather seats... It's all about what you want and the sound you want. Have fun with it and do what YOU want!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

im gonna try out dual MRTs with an H-pipe, im pretty sure its gonna be obnoxious, wont be until mid-late jan though

Quick Reply: V6 True Duals