Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pictures of my stang crushed

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Default Pictures of my stang crushed

I havent been on in a while but thought I would share these unfortunate pics with you guys

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2211/imag0571cb3.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1289/imag0564tl8.jpg

The good news is that I am completely redoing everything. Mechanically I am having a newly built 427 Windsor installed by a company in Indianapolis. I am getting rid of the old 7.5(373 gear) with a 8.8 with a 373(The 427 is too much power for the 7.5 probably). I won't have to change out my 5 speed tranny but will have to switch the computer out. The one good thing is that 427 Windsor is surprisingly close in weight to the factory engine so I really won't have to do much with the suspension

Appearance wise I am replacing the crushed factory hood with a Gtr Ram air hood and will have to have my stripes repainted obviously. My rims are 18 inch Drift z's and the 2 front ones were bent. I may go with a new rim all together

Just curious if anyone on here has went with a 427 Windsor. I know performance wise and weight wise makes it a very popular conversion

Old 12-29-2007, 10:56 AM
JimC

Default RE: Pictures of my stang crushed

Wow, glad everyone is alright - sounds like you have some big plans since the car needs to be fixed up now. Was it a wind storm?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:11 AM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Hey Jim your's is lookin good

It was a windstorm and apparently I slept right through the tree hitting the car and smashing the house. My wife said she waited an hour before waking me up because she knows how much time I have invested in the car

I had thought about having it completely re painted black but we are talking taking the doors apart, painting the trunk etc. Thats a ton of money

Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreaminYellow

My wife said she waited an hour before waking me up because she knows how much time I have invested in the car
If that were my car under there, I think maybe I would have preferred she smothered me with a pillow before I woke up

Tough break, but I definitely give you points for making the problem into an opportunity... Good luck with the reconstruction/mods
Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Do you have some firewood for sale?

Just kidding-- I had a Dodge Ram, prior to my Mustang, that met a similar fate. Some helpful neighbors, 5 chainsaws going and a nice insurance check all led to my new Mustang and a couple years worth of firewood!

That's an impressive engine swap. Sorry I can't offer any technical thoughts on it, but good luck!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:29 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

damn that sucks. hope everything works out fine
Old 12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
PFC_Kurtz_John
2nd Gear Member

Holy $#!% thats big sig. Hey man happy to hear your ok. I live in the woods and we had problems during the winter with ice stors and I almsot had the same thing happen to me. I hope all works well for you man and best of luck with the car.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I assume you currently have a 4.0 since you mention the 7.5 rear end. I think you should reconsider the stock tranny if it's a manual, there have been several guys with 4.0 FI engines who blew manual trannies due to either too much power or torque. Fazm has gone through 3 and I believe two of those were built. Just thought a word of caution may help. Good luck whatever you do, it sounds like a cool swap.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: ScreaminYellow

Hey Jim your's is lookin good

It was a windstorm and apparently I slept right through the tree hitting the car and smashing the house. My wife said she waited an hour before waking me up because she knows how much time I have invested in the car

I had thought about having it completely re painted black but we are talking taking the doors apart, painting the trunk etc. Thats a ton of money
Thanks - Yours will look good when you turn this "opportunity" around and should be a beast. My wife is always hoping when we have a windstorm that it will bring one of our trees down on the kitchen so she can use that as an opportunity to get it made over.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

What was the extent of the engine damage? Does it need to be replaced, or are you just using the opportunity to get a 427?

Quick Reply: Pictures of my stang crushed