Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine swap to a v8

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Engine swap to a v8

Screw all that work .... SuperCharge your V6 and have a car quicker than a GT .... that's what I did ...

Old 12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

Why do an engine swap? All I hear about from my 6er buddies is how the V6 has a lot of potential and can be faster than the gt with the right mods. My unimportant opinion is that you can use the money for the swap for a turbo or charger.
Couldn't agree more. That's what I'm planning. I'm gonna be the scariest V6 out there ^_^

Turbos IMO. Your stock internals are built strong than the GTs, so a turbo would do better on a V6 than the GT, especially as a DD.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noober

Couldn't agree more. That's what I'm planning. I'm gonna be the scariest V6 out there ^_^

Turbos IMO. Your stock internals are built strong than the GTs, so a turbo would do better on a V6 than the GT, especially as a DD.
Between Fazm, Rygen and Buckman thats a tall order. Rygen being the fastest of the three and as far as I know he is constantly working on getting faster.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

I agree with everybody else--go ahead and have fun with your 6 with modding/FI. The engine swap will definitely set you back some money. Trading in for a GT sounds nice until you go to the dealer and try to trade in your car. Unless you're extremely lucky it will likely be more than 3-4K, but that was my research of a 4-5 car dealers. Good luck man.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Screw all that work .... SuperCharge your V6 and have a car quicker than a GT .... that's what I did ...
What are your 1/4 mile times & dyno numbers?

From the looks of it the X-charger with HiPo kit has similar dyno numbers to a GT with a CAI & tune.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:56 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

If you are concerned about changing the v6 into something of a monster for it's size, then i'd save up for a turbo instead of a trade-in or an engine swap. The depreciation on our car isn't too bad considering others', but it's still there. If you trade in your 2006, you are going to be losing alot more money... ALOT MORE.

Save up and get a kick *** turbo w/ all the works for it (the whole breathing system) and then invest in a take off 8.8 rear with gears. It would probably be insane just from that alone. There's a ton of things you could do to a v6 to muscle it past a GT. The GT is the better power starting point of course. I'd definately just supe up my v6 and make it a pretty mean DD monster.

Power to ya if you go ahead and drop in a GT engine as well... Alternatively you could look at dropping in one of ford's crate'd engines lmao. That might even be easier than the GT engine... You'd also have the benefit of having a great base to work off of, tons of already proven powerhouse mods for the engine, the sound, the option to make it a horrific monster of a sleeper. There are more things needed before you'd even drop that baby in though that you would need to do, but it has been done (to a v6 2005+ mustang).

Just recently (about a week ago or so) I saw this clip on youtube of what i'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsKvrfyULhU

Although this guy stuck in a FR 460...

Realistically speaking with a budget in mind, i'd opt. for going with a tubo hands down.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:02 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Oh and if you want a really great power addon as well as being pretty damn cheap w/ tested power, check out the group buy going for the x-charger!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I'm doing the same swap in a few months. You need the wire harness, computer, 8.8 rear end, driveshaft+correct pinion. Most of the V6 parts can be carried over, if I'm not mistaken (battery and the like)
Old 12-30-2007, 03:20 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

That's got to be one hell of an overhaul on a v6 lmao. Gluck and hope to see some pics of it soon!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 AM
z06stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SNPR

ok guys i have a stock 2006 v6 mustang and i want a v8 in my car how mutch do you think everything would run for? Also i can get the engine and tranny for about 3500 from a gt take off but it dosent come with the computer... Any ideas?
I see your in Aurora. Do you have a auto or manual trans? I know atleast three different places in Michigan that have complete conversions right now including computer harness everything starting at $2550-$3500 and there is maybe twenty more through out the states. I'm going to Ypsilanti MI. this Thursday to pickup a complete 4.6 cast iron block new motor for $850.00 that I'm stroking etc. I'm also picking up a 8.8 takeoff rearend for $350.00 at the same place. If I wasn't building the motor I would be all over one of these conversions. There's alot of deals out there just gotta research it. You have any questions pm me..... Oh yeah hope I didn't hurt anybodys feelings again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/82554/740C5643320C4D9BAE9ACD2C2873988F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Engine swap to a v8