Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

$14,995 for a V6 Deluxe?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:31 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: $14,995 for a V6 Deluxe?

^^^ Same here. More cats and dogs are falling from the sky these past few days than in the past year.
I hate to break-in the car during the rainy season; I have to do it with the air conditioning on.
Would this affect the break-in process? Like alter the computer chip learning curve?
I have no idea what I just said. Can you help me out?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Just finished washing it today. Pictures didn't turn out too well considering it was about to be dark. I think the camera was confused on whether to use the flash or not, so some turned out pretty bad. And by the way, thats my girlfriends car, the Dodge Stratus R/T. Its not too shabby either.

Curious as to who would win in a race....... the Mustang. :P

None the less, here are some pictures.

My HID Headlights.

Blurry Interior. :P

Old 01-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

nice car looks sweet all shiney
Looking at those pics make me want my 14" antenna to arrive that i ordered a week ago.
Why the hell does forduse that 30 foot pole for an antenna anyway?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noober

ORIGINAL: powerband

ORIGINAL: silstang23

ORIGINAL: powerband

Thanks for the replies.
Just bought it. Red. My color of choice.
Got an extended warranty (72 months total) for $1200. Covers damn near everything.
Will be looking into doing leathers soon.
Otherwise will keep it mostly stock.

Well, maybe exhaust.

Thanks for a great forum!
Think he will be back?? LOL
Unfortunately for my pocket book, I ain't going anywhere.

Thanks for the replies.
The car is fun.
I had the new-generation Mazda Miata MX-5, and that was a lot of fun to drive.
But I needed something a little bigger; having friends visiting from out of town in the past week and a half made logistics of getting around a nightmare.
Two more seats is welcome, and so is a good-looking red car with doors that slam with a thump rather than a clank.
I really do plan to keep it mostly stock...

... except for the exhaust, and maybe wheels. A slight tint would be nice. Leather upgrade later. Suspensions, too. Maybe a supercharger.

You guys are trouble.
I love how that just went on and on and on and on and on...

My list is about twice as long but I don't have all that much money with which to do it. ^_^

My rule is with the exception of TCS or heated seats (if you're into that kind of thing) get the base base base BASE model of Mustang and just mod the heck out of it. You'll come out anywhere from 50% to 2/3rds the cost of what the dealer would have charged. Especially if you install them yourself. for those of you who don't know, btw: You CAN get aftermarket myColor added. I plan to this month. Just search for it.
I don't know, unless you get one heck of a deal on a Base model, I'd say go for the Pony Package. How much are 17" bullets, fog lights, rear sway bar, upgraded radio, leather seats, sirius sat., spoiler, MyColor?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:50 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

I paided a little under 26,000. Mine had everything listed, along with the Security and Safety Package and Ambient Lighting.

I couldn't imagine the labor cost for installing all those things. Of course, I'm sure some could be installed by yourself but...