MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   I'm Back! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/389391-im-back.html)

MrSandman 01-04-2008 08:54 AM

RE: I'm Back!

I wonder how people made decisions before internet boards.

If you have to ask.. I would just stick with what you have now. If you are thinking of that many options now... then nothing we tell you will help you be more decisive. You will always be second-guessing yourself.

28HopUp 01-04-2008 09:02 AM

If you REALLY want a 5 spd stick, then the first two choices are void. I have the good fortune to own a 4.0L/5spd coupe and the wife's 4.0L/auto vert. Lemme tell you that the stick shift makes the coupe alot more fun to drive. However, with a good tune the autos shift very nicely, and are hard to beat at the track.

Personally, I'd love to get a new Bullitt, but I'm not willing to take the depreciation hit on my V6 (which I own free & clear). It's not worth it to me to take out a loan for the add'l 2 cylinders, better performance, and throatier sound. So I am VERY happy to keep my V6. But again, that's me. If you can justify taking the hit on your v6 for a GT, then go for it. Life is too short to have regrets.

07 Stang 01-04-2008 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Option 3 is what I AM going to do. As soon as I catch up with school payments and work full time this summer...Option 3 will be very close for me then as my car is still worth something to help me do a swap.
When you do decide to trade or sell your Mustang, take off your mods and sell them separately and get your car back close to stock as possible. You won't get more for your mods, if anything, it could hurt the value. Also consider selling your car out right instead of trading it in. You will get more for it unless your dealer comes through with a killer offer.

billybix76 01-04-2008 09:04 AM

Guess what, even if you upgrade and then sell and then upgrade etc.. and then buy a new GT500KR, you will get used to it and you will say at some time, " I need a little more power, 620 HP is not enough for me"

wanting more than you have is the most dangerous part of the human condition. Get over yourself, make a plan for an end goal, get it .. and along the way learn to want what you have.....Its a much better life when you figure that out. because life is too short and the toys just keep coming....

And by the way mine is paid for too...and its exactly what I wanted before I started.

07 Stang 01-04-2008 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

If you REALLY want a 5 spd stick, then the first two choices are void. I have the good fortune to own a 4.0L/5spd coupe and the wife's 4.0L/auto vert. Lemme tell you that the stick shift makes the coupe alot more fun to drive. However, with a good tune the autos shift very nicely, and are hard to beat at the track.

Personally, I'd love to get a new Bullitt, but I'm not willing to take the depreciation hit on my V6 (which I own free & clear). It's not worth it to me to take out a loan for the add'l 2 cylinders, better performance, and throatier sound. So I am VERY happy to keep my V6. But again, that's me. If you can justify taking the hit on your v6 for a GT, then go for it. Life is too short to have regrets.
See, I'm with you. I can't see paying more $$ just to have two extra cylinders when I owe nothing on my car now. ;)

Now maybe four years from now, I just might purchase a new GT and keep my V6.....that's IF the new body style isn't fugly.

07 Stang 01-04-2008 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: billybix76

learn to want what you have.....
That is an awesome quote!

rmays06 01-04-2008 09:34 AM

Heres a shock.....you changed your mind! WOW get a grip!

pascal 01-04-2008 10:09 AM

Is the grass on the other side suddenly turned brown??:D

Sancho805 01-04-2008 11:17 AM

WOW!......i can't believe you guys are actually giving him some legit opinions. why doesnt he just stick with his current ride and buy FORZA Motorsport 2 and then he can change cars whenever he wants...JMO ;).

DelStang86 01-04-2008 11:22 AM

New camaro? JK, like they'll ever put it on the market (my roommate's been waiting forever). Good luck with whatever you decide.