Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

rear bumper cut out pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: rear bumper cut out pics

Even though I have the v6 bumper and think it looks great from the back, I suggest going with the GT/CS bumper. My biggest gripe with the v6 bumper is how the rear body line is too high compared to the front and side of the car. Also I hate the way the mufflers can be seen from the side. HOWEVER, the direct side view is the only view that looks odd, any other angle looks fine. It all depends on how much the high line in the rear bothers you. I can live with it for now, but the CS bumper is on my mod list.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: MEK

Does anyone have the FRPP dual kit (m-5230-v6)? That kit comes with everything including the rear fascia trim pieces for the cutouts. I would be interested in seeing a pic of those on the car. Oh yeah, that kit also comes with the GTA mufllers.............of which, I think the 4" dia tips on those look pretty good (same as the ones on the Shelby GT).
I pick up my kit tomorrow and once it's installed I will be posting pics & sound clips.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Old 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Sweeet! Please do! I ordered this kit through my shop.. just waiting for it to come in. I was a little nervous about picking that one because i was not sure how hard it was to get. Looks like a really clean set-up. I can't wait to get it installed.

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: MEK

Does anyone have the FRPP dual kit (m-5230-v6)? That kit comes with everything including the rear fascia trim pieces for the cutouts. I would be interested in seeing a pic of those on the car. Oh yeah, that kit also comes with the GTA mufllers.............of which, I think the 4" dia tips on those look pretty good (same as the ones on the Shelby GT).
I pick up my kit tomorrow and once it's installed I will be posting pics & sound clips.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

thanks for all the shots guys. i just ordered my pypes x/midpipes kit, and now im off to get some black paint for my gt takeoffs!!! what did u use to cut out the notch? dremel?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

thanks for all the shots guys. i just ordered my pypes x/midpipes kit, and now im off to get some black paint for my gt takeoffs!!! what did u use to cut out the notch? dremel?
I would strongly suggest you tack weld the pypes clamp on. It's not made as durable as the Ford clamp. You'll use the pypes clamp on one side and the Ford on the other OR you can purchase another Ford clamp.

Tres used his own template in this link, but you cand see what he used to make the cut. After the cut, I would use a fine grit sand paper to make sure the edges are smooth, then use the touch up paint;

https://mustangforums.com/m_555524/tm.htm
Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

That is exactly why i went with the FRPP setup, i heard too many people having to weld their pypes kit on and I didnt want to do that.

Also I forgot to mention the dealership I got my kit from only charged me $580 for the FRPP kit.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

Even though I have the v6 bumper and think it looks great from the back, I suggest going with the GT/CS bumper. My biggest gripe with the v6 bumper is how the rear body line is too high compared to the front and side of the car. Also I hate the way the mufflers can be seen from the side. HOWEVER, the direct side view is the only view that looks odd, any other angle looks fine. It all depends on how much the high line in the rear bothers you. I can live with it for now, but the CS bumper is on my mod list.

this seems to be totally a personal taste issue because i happen to really like how my muffs can be seen from the side. maybe it depends on which muffs you got and what color they are. my silver painted JBA's look mean and give that old school muscle mod look with the factory bumper. JMO though.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
MyMaria

Here's mine. I like the way the mufflers stick out, but maybe they just go with the tungsten better to my eye.

Oh, i cut mine out with a dremmel tool. And love of course!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
youngmustanger
1st Gear Member

Heres mine with four inch tips.

Quick Reply: rear bumper cut out pics