Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

UPDATED: FRPP Exhaust Videos

Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default UPDATED: FRPP Exhaust Videos

Well I installed my FRPP V6 dual exhaust kit tonight.

The 90% of the install was a breeze. The bumper cutout was easy, and you dont even need to be real maticulous with cutting because it has some cool metal flanges to put over the cut outs. But a few things to note about the whole thing.

1.) You have to cut out both sides of your bumper. The exhaust has 4" tips, so in order for the flanges to fit, you have to cut out your factory hole larger to fit the flange. No biggie.

2.) The mufflers sound great, but I think they need some time to break in, in clip when the engine is rev'd you can hear how it sounds like it is sucking back in.

3.) Midpipes. Wow. Hardest part of the entire install was trying to get the midpipes over the axle. Normally it wouldn't be an issue except for the fact if you are doing it in your garage like I was, you dont have alot of room. I had to put my car on 4 jackstands, pretty high up and put the car in neutral so you can turn the driveshaft. Without the driveshaft being able to turn, you can squeeze the midpipes into place. Unless you have a lift, it will be difficult.

4.) Installing the x-pipe was a cakewalk. It says to give yourself 1.5 inches when you cut, I would recommend 1.75 inches, at least no less than 1.5.

Overall i love how it sounds, I like the look also. I think it will sound 10 times better once they break in, but sounds great now. Keep in mind when I installed my GT take off, it took a good 1-2 thousand miles before it really started sounding good, so I am anticipating these will sound better and better everyday.

Ok sound clip, It is 1am and I am exhausted, my wife was reving the engine and it pitch black outside so don't complain about the video, its a crappy vid with crappy sound, but you can hear it. Anyway I am going to bed, I will post pictures and better video soon.

FRPP V6 Dual exhaust sound clip #1 - Initial install

FRPP V6 Dual exhaust sound clip #2- After break in and rattle fix

FRPP V6 Dual exhaust sound clip #3 - Acceleration & drive-by

FRPP V6 Dual exhaust sound clip #4 - Interior acceleration
Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP Exhaust installed (sound clip)

A for effort

they never sound as good as real life.

Ive got a single ford racerand i love it.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
PFC_Kurtz_John
2nd Gear Member

Thats the exact kit I want to put in my car next month :P Happy to hear it went wel and thanks for the info!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Favre4TD

A for effort

they never sound as good as real life.

Ive got a single ford racerand i love it.
Yes that is true, I was listening to it alot on the way to work this morning, and it's going to sound awesome when they are broken in. My only complaint is I have a little vibration/rattle if accelerating slowly, but I think its because one of my mufflers is touching the metal flange you are suppose to install.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Great! Mine came in yesterday.. but can't have them installed until next Thursday ;(

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Well I installed my FRPP V6 dual exhaust kit tonight.

The 90% of the install was a breeze. The bumper cutout was easy, and you dont even need to be real maticulous with cutting because it has some cool metal flanges to put over the cut outs. But a few things to note about the whole thing.

1.) You have to cut out both sides of your bumper. The exhaust has 4" tips, so in order for the flanges to fit, you have to cut out your factory hole larger to fit the flange. No biggie.

2.) The mufflers sound great, but I think they need some time to break in, in clip when the engine is rev'd you can hear how it sounds like it is sucking back in.

3.) Midpipes. Wow. Hardest part of the entire install was trying to get the midpipes over the axle. Normally it wouldn't be an issue except for the fact if you are doing it in your garage like I was, you dont have alot of room. I had to put my car on 4 jackstands, pretty high up and put the car in neutral so you can turn the driveshaft. Without the driveshaft being able to turn, you can squeeze the midpipes into place. Unless you have a lift, it will be difficult.

4.) Installing the x-pipe was a cakewalk. It says to give yourself 1.5 inches when you cut, I would recommend 1.75 inches, at least no less than 1.5.

Overall i love how it sounds, I like the look also. I think it will sound 10 times better once they break in, but sounds great now. Keep in mind when I installed my GT take off, it took a good 1-2 thousand miles before it really started sounding good, so I am anticipating these will sound better and better everyday.

Ok sound clip, It is 1am and I am exhausted, my wife was reving the engine and it pitch black outside so don't complain about the video, its a crappy vid with crappy sound, but you can hear it. Anyway I am going to bed, I will post pictures and better video soon.

V6 FRPP Dual Exhaust kit sound clip

Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Yea you are going to love it. I will post pictures of it tonight as soon as I get home from work, since I didn't have daylight after I was done last night.

One thing I was thining of though, my drivers sidemuffler was down a little and my passenger side muffler was up a little, I think because they send you different muffler hangers than the factory ones, I am going to switch one factory and one aftermarket muffler clamp and see if that balances them out. I will let you know.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

How much louder compared to GT take off?

More videos plz [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

They actually sound very good in the video.
Very good tone and aggressive.
Thanks for the write-up and the video.
Enjoy! I'll get mine in the future...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: project85

I will get more video tonight after work. The best way I could possibly describe how much difference it was to go from a single GT take off to this setup, is that the single GT take-off sounded like a good movie but sound playing from your TV. While these sound like a good movie playing through your surround sound. It just sounds "fuller" and better quality.

You will love it.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Is there any drone on the highway?

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: project85

I will get more video tonight after work. The best way I could possibly describe how much difference it was to go from a single GT take off to this setup, is that the single GT take-off sounded like a good movie but sound playing from your TV. While these sound like a good movie playing through your surround sound. It just sounds "fuller" and better quality.

You will love it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATED: FRPP Exhaust Videos