Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

What do you mean by "work, money, and time to maintain"? Isn't it pretty much finished?

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Yeah I don't know what I wanna do yet. It's just it is a lot of work, money, and time to maintain. I was thinking about getting a 05 GTO, but I also like my car cause it's sexy and just as fast. And I have put a lot of time and money into it. What do you guys think, I could probably just trade it in and get a GTO, but I would loose a lot of money that way, or I could just sell it. I am stuck. And yeah no matter what I am going to be upside down on my loans for the car.
car like that is NEVER finished... and it is a lot of work.... especially if it is a daily driver/show car/race car like the Mistress was... So I can totally relate to Black Mamba... The Mistress was begining to be like a second JOB! Except I was PAYING money, instead of being paid! LOL! Work on her during the week to get ready for the shows... hours on end at the shows... or the races... when I wasn't doing that I was worrying about what I was going to do next to improve her.... I would get so upset if I didn't come in first at the shows... there were nights I would lose sleep over that darn car!LOL!! I realized one day I was spending way to much time with the Mistress, when i should have been spending that time with my 1 year old and my 3 year old daughters... and with the Mistress feeling more like a job, i was enjoying her less and less... i finally burned out... but i was soooo addicted to modding and the attention at the shows I knew there was no way i could give it up while that darn car was still in the driveway! So I had to take extreme measures.... i know a lot of folks do not understand all this.... but trust me, when Black Mamba's "work, money and time to maintain..." I completely understand!

As far as Black Mamba's car... Best bet is to keep it.... you are not going to get nearly enough for it... if you sell it you'll need to hold out for the perfect buyer.... and they are few and far between...

Best of luck!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Sell as is or see what you can part out of itand sell it then(probably not the duals, unless you kept the whole single system). Vortech you could probably get at least $2k for, tuner-$200, rims-$1k at least, and that's just someof it.Check everything out and see what's the bestscenario.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

I think I will just let fate play it out. I think I will put up a sign at work and maybe on craigs list for a price of like 29k or something. Does that sound resonable? And if someone wants it more power to them. If no one wants it then I guess it was meant to be mine. Either way I will probably end up buying something really cheap to get around in. But if I got the GTO it would be more practical than what I got now and I also wouldn't really have to get a daily driver cause they aren't that bad of cars to drive daily.....As long as I don't modify that crap out of it....which I think I have learned my lesson.....I hope anyways.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:31 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

How many miles are on it?
Do you have all the reciepts for the work on the car?
How old are you? People will probally be weary of highly modded car owned by a young 'un
Has the car won any awards? Might help your cause...

It will sell but it gonna take some time for you to meet some who wants those same mods.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdaddy

How many miles are on it?
Do you have all the reciepts for the work on the car?
How old are you? People will probally be weary of highly modded car owned by a young 'un
Has the car won any awards? Might help your cause...

It will sell but it gonna take some time for you to meet some who wants those same mods.
+1....good idea. might work, might not but it sure wont hurt to mention any awards or merits your car has earned. even your dyno sheets may help. if anyone is going to buy it, its def gonna be a mustang or auto performance enthusiast. general market citizens are going to be confused as sh*t. good luck dude and sorry for your stressed situation.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

There is 34000 on it. No recipts no awards!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Id hate to let my car go after doing that much work on to it.....but if it has to go sell the custom parts individually that way you can get some of your money back!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
PFC_Kurtz_John
2nd Gear Member

Dude your car is F****** cool as S***. I hate to hear you might sell it :/ You did a great job it but I know how bad it can be when in debt. Good luck man and once again that car is sick
Old 01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Yeah the bad thing about parting out my car is that I was dumb enough to get rid of all the original parts. So I will have to sell it as is.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Yeah the bad thing about parting out my car is that I was dumb enough to get rid of all the original parts. So I will have to sell it as is.
if you cant find a buyer, get a second job or one better job. unless you got mouths to feed, you'll pull through .

Quick Reply: How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!