Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Pics..

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Pics..

Thanks Fred for the link. I'll have the body guy look it up to compare price w/ that guy. He priced the GT at around $220 for the estimate so I figured that was shop cost and not retail. I left my # with newtakeoff to call me when a WB rear cover comes in but I probably should call them back once a week.

Keep up the good work on your car!
[/align]
Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

[/align]
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
steveo555
2nd Gear Member

I really like it, huge difference. I would only change the gas cap cover back to original, especially if you are going to smoke everything because it will not match, IMO.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

As for clear corners.. i dunno if I want those or the smoked ones..
I love the clears in the front. Don't get me wrong, the black on black is an awesome thing, as is the alloy or vista blue with blacked out running lights, but personally I think the clears look better on lighter colored cars.

The clears match the headlights better and look pretty good at night. I kept my white bulbs and it looks really good with the headlights at night, matches up nicely. Which is a good thing anyway since I run yellow foglight bulbs, so it keeps the front from having three different colored lights at night (white, orange and yellow).

It looks like you are still running the v6 rear bumper? You plan on keeping it? I have plans to switch mine out with the GT/CS rear bumper come tax time.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

I love the clears in the front. Don't get me wrong, the black on black is an awesome thing, as is the alloy or vista blue with blacked out running lights, but personally I think the clears look better on lighter colored cars.

The clears match the headlights better and look pretty good at night. I kept my white bulbs and it looks really good with the headlights at night, matches up nicely. Which is a good thing anyway since I run yellow foglight bulbs, so it keeps the front from having three different colored lights at night (white, orange and yellow).

It looks like you are still running the v6 rear bumper? You plan on keeping it? I have plans to switch mine out with the GT/CS rear bumper come tax time.
I DO like the clears, I just see the smoked ones matching the lights more, since the headlight background color is smoked.. it just depends what way you look at the headlight (the main lamp, or the rest of the color inside it). I guess I will have to see what strikes me..

As for the rear bumper.. I am doing a Dual exhaust conversion in the weeks to come (I know.. how could I have missed this mod? lol).. I will be using all GT pipes after I cut the GT cats off. I need a good rear bumper to make the lines match up.. only problem with the GT/CS for me is that I already went GT rockers.. so the rear diffuser doesnt really match the sides.. well, that AND its quite pricey..

I have a long list of future mods (we all do..) ..funny how I can make my car look like this and still have a full list of mods to do..
Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Your car looks fantastic... wouldn't change a thing! I really like that spoiler too.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Very good look. Nice job.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Thanks!!! That spoiler needed some love after the light criticism it received in some previous posts..lol..

Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

The Stang looks really good, the grill looks awesome!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:56 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

What size wheels are those? Are those FFRP? Looks really good.

Quick Reply: New Pics..