Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

crunched

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: crunched

ORIGINAL: Black Pony 4.0

I thought about the 'underinsured motorist' thing. He was driving a company truck but I still had my agent call his company barely two hours after the accident. Being first in line is a good thing.

I'm thought about upgrades while my car is in the shop...especially the GT500 bumper. Truth be told though, I hate the thought of losing the PP grille in the conversion.

I'm definitely going to investigate the 'depreciated value'. I figure if I'm losing retail value the insurance co.can at least comp a few mods, right? Could be the time to purchase the FRPP 'power pack'.

I didn't get any pics yesterday. I had my camera on me but it just didn't register.

One more thing......if my son was still in school and looking for a car, I might steer him in the direction of the new Focus. It's no Mustang but it's a tight little ride.

If you go GT500, it won't be depriciated value.

Good luck either ways.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Now THAT's tempting....How much more is the GT500 bumper? It sure would look good on my black pony.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Black Pony 4.0

and...will it work with the stock hood?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Not cheap, because you have to buy a bunch of parts...
Bumper retails for $543, then you need head lights (differents), grilles, fog lamps, brackets.
In other words, it's a 2 Grands dealby the time you paint it etc...

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:08 AM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

AH! That so sucks! I'm sorry you're stang took such a beating. I feel just like you though, even if I could trade for a different front end, I wouldn't just to keep my PP one. Now if someone could JUST make a bumper that fits the PP grille but doesn't have the stupid V6 licence plate notch I'd be on that like nobody's business.

Glad you're safe and unharmed...now gomilk that idiot's insurance co. for everything you're due!
I have a solution for the stupid V6 license plate notch.... put a license plate on it!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mpatilla

AH! That so sucks! I'm sorry you're stang took such a beating. I feel just like you though, even if I could trade for a different front end, I wouldn't just to keep my PP one. Now if someone could JUST make a bumper that fits the PP grille but doesn't have the stupid V6 licence plate notch I'd be on that like nobody's business.

Glad you're safe and unharmed...now gomilk that idiot's insurance co. for everything you're due!
I have a solution for the stupid V6 license plate notch.... put a license plate on it!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I don't WANT a plate on the front, nor is it required in my state. I just want the clean look of the front end without the cutout for a plate that I don't want or need.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I don't WANT a plate on the front, nor is it required in my state. I just want the clean look of the front end without the cutout for a plate that I don't want or need.
I wished we weren't required to have one.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Black Pony 4.0

The Gt 500 front looks great but 2k is a little out of my reach right now.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Lots of folks that have done it, was the result of a frontend wreck.
It's one way to cut the price down.
Me, I just take advantage that I own a shop.

Quick Reply: crunched