Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

shaker hood scoop

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: shaker hood scoop

That's exactly the set-up thatI want. Sweet combo.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM
AceVeres

shaker and turbo ;p
My shaker is actually sitting on the floor next to me along with the CDC washer nozzle removal kit. Getting it all installed and new stripes painted on (ditching the white vinels for painted racing black) as soon as my tax return comes in. I'll throw pics up in hopefully less than a month. Oh, the shop quoted me for about 1000 for all the painting, cutting, etc. sound fair?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Check out Taco Bill’s thread, he gives you the complete step by step process of the install with a CAI. He does tell you that you will get better performance if you do not already have a CAI and you the regular configuration.

I would also like more information about the combination of the shaker and supercharger together. It never crossed my mind that there could be a problem there until you brought it up. I was planning on putting on my shaker this spring and supercharging later but if the shaker interferes with supercharging I would rather save the money and put it to the supercharger.

Thanks for your question, "1 bad v6".
Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

as i said, Roots style supperchargers like the X-Charger, Whillple and other that replace the existing intake mainfold will no longer work with a shaker since the shaker goes where the roots-style charger would go (see photos below)

Shaker w/ Stock Airbox

Shaker W/ a CAI

Centrifugal Supercharger (Vortech Here) w/ CDC Shaker

X-Charger S/C (WILL NOT WORK WITH CDC SHAKER HOOD DUE TO PLACEMENT OF BLOWER)

Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

thanks for you guys letting me know the info i really appreciate it again have a great week!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Satin Silver Stang,

I was looking at the pic that you included of the Vortech with the CDC Shaker and the CAI. First off thanks for the pics; that brings things into focus. My next question; is the Shaker functional with the Vortech or is it just cosmetic? In the pic with the CAI it looks as if the CAI is connected to the blower and the Shaker is not connected to anything at all.

I guess my big question is; if I’m going to get a supercharger in the long run am I wasting my time and money getting a shaker system unless I am going for the look? I’m not that educated with the difference between a centrifugal s/c and the x-charger style. I can see the obvious that the X-charger looks like the traditional s/c that I’m familiar with on older mussel cars. The centrifugal style is more like the ones I’ve seen on most imports.

Please help me out here and by all means correct me if I’m mistaken.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

there is a way to work the air induction from the shaker into a vortech or any other charger of that sort. however, it will only make a difference at all at high high speeds. so mostly for the look
Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: 1badV6

thanks guys just didnt want to cut my hood open and then not be able to supercharge or turbo it whatever i decide it there any horse gain with the shaker???
Shaker is 90% cosmetic, 10% performance. It does suck in cold air for your intake, but the amount of air is all dependent on how fast your moving. It's a minimal gain.

It still sucks in CA at a stop. At speeds, it is more of a ram air device.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

both posts above are correct
Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

if your looking to get one, the cheapest place I've seen is Stage3motorsports.com, its 725 there shipped.

Another thing that annoys me, I only saw one picture of this, but on the v6 model, theres only the "mustang" lettering plate on one side. The assymetry really bugs me [:@]

Quick Reply: shaker hood scoop